Roy Horn in Reader’s Digest

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Roy Horn in Reader’s Digest

Postby Dustin Stinett » May 1st, 2004, 9:43 am

The upside of having a wife who subscribes to (and actually reads) Readers Digest (Americas foremost medical journal) is that she will point out to me the occasional article that might interest me. The April 2004 issue has an article about Roys mauling incident titled Siegfried & Roy: Stage Fright; What Really Happened. Typically RD short and concise (about seven pages of text, plus a couple of photos), the article, written by Alanna Nash, is actually one of the better ones I have read about the incident. It dismisses the notion that Monticore was trying to help Roy with the more likely scenario that the tiger was carrying Roy to a more private area to deliver the killing bite. You might want to take a look.

Dustin

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Roy Horn in Reader’s Digest

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 1st, 2004, 5:41 pm

Dustin, please photocopy and mail to The Genii Office. Thanks!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Alain Roy

Re: Roy Horn in Reader’s Digest

Postby Alain Roy » May 2nd, 2004, 1:19 pm

According to the Reader's Digest web site, you can receive reprinted articles directly from them. Just call 800-289-6457.

-alain

Return to “Alternative Media”