Wild Wild West and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea coming to DVD!

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
Amos McCormick

Re: Wild Wild West and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea coming to DVD!

Postby Amos McCormick » November 28th, 2006, 7:03 am

For goodness' sake, don't watch Heroes. You might be influenced to go and jump off a building or something...

:D

Postby Guest » November 28th, 2006, 2:43 pm

OK - I may have been wrong about my memories of my dad being a guest star on the "The Magician" but I have a vivid memory of him performing a feature part in a movie filmed in the Castle which I may have confused with an episode of "The Magician.". It might have been a made for TV movie named "Murder in the Magic Castle." Do any of you remember that film? It was a very bad film but,after all,it was my father and I found it to be better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 28th, 2006, 3:38 pm

The Internet Movie Database lists A Night at the Magic Castle (1988).

It claims to be the first movie ever filmed/shot inside the Magic Castle on Franklin, California. I think the key word there might be inside since outdoor shots of the Castle are pretty common. It further claims that Magic Castle magicians performed in the movie. Unfortunately there are no names listed.

The plot outline partially reads:

Coming-of-age story. Boy turns seven, and is flown to Magic Castle by Harry Houdini to battle the evil magician and his young protg.

Arte Johnson played Houdini in the film. Matt Shakman plays the boy. This gentleman is still acting with some recent television credits. Perhaps someone knows him and can ask about this film.

By the way, your father was in the episode of The Magician titled The Illusion of the Curious Counterfeit.

This was a two-part episode and I cannot recall in which part he appeared, but perhaps it was both which might explain why you were thinking he was in two episodes. My notes mention that it was a cameo and he was performing the Cups and Balls. That leads me to believe that it was just one part.

All that said, most, if not all of the copies that are out there have been edited, having been recorded from when the series appeared on the Sci-Fi cable channel some years ago. Its very possible that The Professor appeared on more than one episode as the shows originally aired, but has been edited out of subsequent airings.

Dustin

Postby Guest » November 30th, 2006, 4:28 am

Thanks Dustin. After all these years, I sometimes begin to doubt my own memories.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 30th, 2006, 4:32 am

Season Two of The Wild Wild West has just been announced for a March 20 DVD release!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » November 30th, 2006, 6:27 am

There is a quincy episode set in the magic castle.
Curiosly enough, I have only ever seen this epesode once. Ant it was on the night before i visited the castle!

There was even a guset apearance from Irma. Though that night she was playing an upright Piano, so it may of been her stand in :)

Postby Guest » November 30th, 2006, 6:46 am

Originally posted by Gord Gardiner:
Yes, the show was called "Blacke's Magic" and starred Hal Lindon as a magician and Harry Morgan as his con-man father and together they fight crime.
A lot of shows from the 80's had odd couple characters teaming up to fight crime. Blacke's Magic & Scarecrow and Mrs. King are two that come to mind.
In fact, if you want, you can make a game of it. The rules are simple, take two characters whose occupations and traits are vastly different and end with the words "And together, they fight crime."

Let's try it shall we?

One is a popular mentalist and author who has a spooky demeanor.
The other is a straight laced card man with a million dollar smile.
And together they fight crime.
Yes, it's Maven and Ammar. Fighting crime with a thought and a smile!

Go ahead, it's fun.

Gord
The adventures of Boxman, And Base girl

Two people thrown together by Fate. (the Fate Talent agency, Nebraska)

One, a strapping young man in tight leather pants, the other a ditzy blonde in Lycra.
Together they fight injustice, and dance badly in front of boxes.
They are The Illusionists

Watch as they battle their sworn enemy mental man, who has the power to corrupt an audience with no more than a small piece of paper, and a stub of pencil.

Tonights episode..

City of angels
Boxman and Base girl come to the aid of a small town, whos entire population has been turned over night into stooges by the evil Dr Mindfreek.

Boxman and Basegirl..Together they fight crime..

( preferably to the theme from Shaft)

Postby Guest » November 30th, 2006, 2:57 pm

Once I was admonished for straying off topic. I WAS TOLD THAT THIS FORUM WAS ABOUT MAGIC DAMNIT! I believed that, and even tried to bring this thread back to magic with Bixby. I do my best and try to follow the rules.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 30th, 2006, 3:08 pm

Well Derek, had you read the very first post in this thread, made by your host here, you would have read, Nothing to do with magic, but...

Lance Pierce

Postby Lance Pierce » November 30th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Originally posted by Joe M. Turner:
Please. They're creepy, kooky, mysterious and SPOOKY.

> ...ooky?

Altogether.

JMT
They're creepy and they're kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
They're all together ooky,
The Addams Family.

Booyah.

Return to “Alternative Media”