Patrick Watson

Discuss the latest feature articles in Genii.
Tom Dobrowolski

Patrick Watson

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » October 18th, 2004, 1:14 pm

What a great excerpt from Patrick Watson's book. Kudos to Genii for printing it.

I had the great good fortune to spend a few hours with Mr. Watson on 2 separate occasions. The first was when he accompanied David Ben to Chicago a number of years ago when David gave a talk/lecture on "The Conjuror" at Magic, Inc. A few of us were lucky enough to go out to dinner afterwards with the two of them. The second was a few months later when I traveled to Toronto with Jay Marshall to see "The Conjuror". I had no idea who Mr. Watson was prior to those meetings and left those encounters feeling privileged to have met him and to have shared some great conversation about many different subjects that happened to include magic. What a fascinating life he has led. (Heck you've got to love a guy who gives you a Cuban cigar!)We're lucky he's decided to be a part of the magic community.

I look forward to getting a copy of his book and would suggest you do the same. He's got some great stories.

Re: Patrick Watson

Postby Guest » November 5th, 2004, 2:43 pm

If anyone in the Toronto area is interested in Patrick Watson, they should come out to his book launch on Sunday Nov 7th. He'll be interviewed on stage by Mary Lou Finlay of As It Happens.

Here are the details:

Patrick Watson & Mary Lou Finlay
Sunday Nov 7th, 1:30pm
Innis Town Hall
2 Sussex Ave (that's one block south of Bloor Street at the corner of St George)

Return to “Feature Articles”