RCT back in stock?

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.
ksevile
Favorite Magician: Michael Vincent

RCT back in stock?

Postby ksevile » February 16th, 2020, 12:46 pm

Does anyone happen to know off the top when Revolutionary Card technique will be reprinted? I used to have this book and through a process of very foolish decisions I still don’t understand, I no longer do. Now it’s out of print and I want it back and no one seems to have it available for standard price.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: RCT back in stock?

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 16th, 2020, 3:59 pm

Magic Inc put it all in one volume. It's pretty simple to buy the original booklets. You might email Gabe Fajuri at Potter and Potter.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Christopher1979
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay, Dai Vernon, Darwin Ortiz, Ed Marlo

Postby Christopher1979 » February 16th, 2020, 6:44 pm

ksevile wrote:Does anyone happen to know off the top when Revolutionary Card technique will be reprinted? I used to have this book and through a process of very foolish decisions I still don’t understand, I no longer do. Now it’s out of print and I want it back and no one seems to have it available for standard price.

Seeing it is out of print you will no longer be able to get it for the "standard price" but like Richard said the individual booklets that Marlo published are fairly easy to buy and would maybe work out cheaper than the book. However, finding every booklet is going to take some time. I had a copy that just sold that we auctioned off and it made $135. You could get it just six months to a year ago for about $80

I have a complete set of Marlo booklets but they are all signed by Marlo so they would be sold for collectability rather than for the content alone.

Wish you luck!
Auctions & Consignment for Historic Memorabilia and Collectibles
https://www.britannicauctions.com/magic-collectibles/

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 16th, 2020, 6:52 pm

Christopher1979
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay, Dai Vernon, Darwin Ortiz, Ed Marlo

Postby Christopher1979 » February 16th, 2020, 6:57 pm

Good old Amazon... where do these sellers get their pricings from? This is what inadvertently drives prices up as everyone then believes their copy is worth that amount!
Auctions & Consignment for Historic Memorabilia and Collectibles
https://www.britannicauctions.com/magic-collectibles/

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » February 17th, 2020, 12:08 pm

Magic Inc still has the collectors edition in stock: https://www.magicinc.net/revolutionaryc ... to100.aspx

OP: I would respectfully recommend calling Magic Inc and speaking to the manager directly--they may have a few copies of the non-collectors edition lying around even though the website says out of stock. (I've gotten lucky before by placing a call to them).

Kent Gunn

Postby Kent Gunn » February 17th, 2020, 2:31 pm

ksevile,

What do you think the standard price should be?

150 bucks for RCT, well after it's publication, is a pretty modest uptick, especially since you can caress the faux leather cover.

ksevile

Postby ksevile » March 25th, 2020, 11:56 pm

Update: I emailed Vanishing Magic and they said they expect to have it back in stock at the end of this month. I am very excited about it as I find myself becoming a move collector over a performer these days and that book is a collectors dream. Thanks everyone for all your responses and input.

And thank you, Kent. Very true indeed.

aofl

Postby aofl » April 23rd, 2020, 7:45 pm

Speaking of RCT, wasn't Magic, Inc. going to do a trilogy of Marlo books? There's RCT, Cardially Yours, and ... ?

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » May 18th, 2020, 10:10 am

RCT available for pre-order for the third printing: https://www.magicinc.net/collections/ma ... ue-edmarlo

$50!

ksevile

Postby ksevile » May 20th, 2020, 9:28 pm

I have heard so little about people tackling the content in this book... is it because it’s so advanced? It is really advanced... one move in this book would take several months of practice I’m sure but I believe a lot in this book has been vastly under-estimated and underused. The section on faro notes for instance seems like it would take several months before it is properly understood. I just love the section delineating all of the palm positions in the tabled palm. What do you all use that you’ve gleaned from this wonderful underrated classic?

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 21st, 2020, 12:30 pm

There is good material in here, but a lot of it is just noodling crap that you will never ever use.

Philippe Billot

Postby Philippe Billot » May 22nd, 2020, 2:53 am

aofl wrote:Speaking of RCT, wasn't Magic, Inc. going to do a trilogy of Marlo books? There's RCT, Cardially Yours, and ... ?

I think you are speaking about The Cardmagic of Edward Marlo which collect his last three Lecture Notes.

It was published by L&L Publishing in 1993.

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » May 31st, 2020, 1:26 pm

A second chance for those who missed out.

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/card- ... _technique

Return to “Reference Room”