Information on Jack Pyle

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.
Brian Hebert

Information on Jack Pyle

Postby Brian Hebert » March 12th, 2019, 2:43 pm

I have come up empty on finding any Jack Pyle material written up. Does anyone know of any references that I could have missed. I've seen him perform on the Magicana website and I liked his style and Have been searching for more from this man.

thank you

Brad Henderson

Re: Information on Jack Pyle

Postby Brad Henderson » March 12th, 2019, 3:36 pm

Paging Mr Bishop.

Brian Hebert

Postby Brian Hebert » March 12th, 2019, 4:47 pm

I've actually contacted Mr. Bishop as well. No leads

Brad Ball
Favorite Magician: Cardini, Cardini, Cardini

Postby Brad Ball » March 13th, 2019, 3:07 pm

Jack performed at Abbott's Get-Together in 1978, I believe, doing close up including his punch deck. He was billed as the Punch Deck Pro for magicians. He was a kind and generous man in my experience, once loaning me his punch deck to perform for Muhammed Ali and I had no idea what was in my hands at the time. A Chicago area magician and had a son that performs magic around Minneapolis, MN under a different name. His performance style was very pleasant and congenial and he certainly commanded my highest respect. I remember him with great fondness.

Krenz
Favorite Magician: Tommy Wonder and Juan Tamariz

Postby Krenz » March 16th, 2019, 7:43 pm

Jack always participated in the Chicago magic clubs. When I knew him, platinum white hair and a gambler's mustache. Pure class. Pure gentleman.

I don't recall him ever publishing his material.

Return to “Reference Room”