Looking for possible figure reference

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.
pixsmith

Looking for possible figure reference

Postby pixsmith » January 7th, 2019, 8:48 pm

Hello all, and thanks in advance.

I know the maker of the figures in these photos, but what I'm interested in is if a particular performer might have been used as a reference for the sculpting.

Knowing the creator, I believe that he worked from photos and sketches in some instances, and though this has a "generic" appearance, there is something familiar, and I'm hoping someone else might be able to put a name to whom it resembles.

This is a magic act with an assistant who disappears from the cabinet, and reappears elsewhere. I'm currently working out something that might be a little more complicated with it, but I got curious about the figure itself and thought I'd ask the best of the reference minds here.

Thanks for any help!

Pix Smith

Here's a link to an album with the photos - a wide shot, and a closeup of the one in particular that I am inquiring about. I don't have a great angle on the female figure, and she might be based on someone as well. I didn't want to clog up the board with unwieldy photos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/kCNondphSaKEMUfU8

Return to “Reference Room”