Paul Wilson's amazing card dealing act.

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.
da_voss_boss

Paul Wilson's amazing card dealing act.

Postby da_voss_boss » June 11th, 2012, 2:51 am

Does anybody know anything about a card dealing act that Paul Wilson showed on The Real Hustle? There's some amazing control going on that I'd rather like to learn (or maybe I'm just not as smart as I think I am).

I can't find the title of this act (if it has a name) after around a day of searching, only this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQHMv0Lfhyo
Any knowledge of where I can find or buy an explanation will be greatly appreciated.

erdnasephile

Re: Paul Wilson's amazing card dealing act.

Postby erdnasephile » June 11th, 2012, 6:29 am

That clip is from an L & L video. It's probably from his Extreme Possibilities DVD Set.

If you check the L & L website, you will be able to track it down for purchase.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » June 11th, 2012, 8:05 am

I just checked: This routine is "Paul Plays Poker" and indeed is found on Extreme Possibilities, Volume 4. However, it is a performance only demonstration on that DVD.

You may wish to contact R Paul Wilson directly for more information. http://rpaulwilson.com/

John Wilson

Postby John Wilson » June 11th, 2012, 1:51 pm

It is a great routine, I agree. My advice if you want to perform a similar routine is to just keep studying. You shouldn't try to copy a routine like this beat for beat. When you know enough about false deals and cards in general, you'll know what's happening when you watch this.

Return to “Reference Room”