Full Contents Jim Klein's Mortimer's Magic Magazine

This forum is an ongoing, and evolving, discussion. Genii Forum members discuss opinions and trade notes on current and past magic books.
atkinsod

Full Contents Jim Klein's Mortimer's Magic Magazine

Postby atkinsod » July 8th, 2017, 8:47 pm

My most recent update to the Magic Book Table of Contents pages (http://magicref.tripod.com/books.htm) includes the full contents for all 13 issues of Jim Klein's Mortimer's Magic Magazine. I've had these for some time, but never found the time to go through them until just recently. There is a lot of inventive stuff in there, especially for the kid-show performer (but certainly not exclusively). One particular item of interest is the multi-issue series by Steve Dusheck on creating magic. I see used issues coming up on eBay now and then. Hint - when the page loads, just hit Ctrl-F (on Windows based system) and search on "Klein, Jim" to jump down to those entries.

For those who aren't familiar with the website, it lists over 3,000 Magic book table of contents, so you can see what's in a book before yout buy it, or use Google search to find out in what book a particular effect might be in. Similar websites are Denis Behr's Conjuring Archive (greatly detailed) and Magicbooks.be.

Doug Atkinson

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Re: Full Contents Jim Klein's Mortimer's Magic Magazine

Postby Joe Mckay » July 9th, 2017, 5:03 am

Hey Doug,

Your site has been a massive help to me over the years. Thanks for all your efforts. If I remember correctly - it was the first of the sites devoted to archiving the contents of magic books. It is like an old friend to me.

Thanks once again!

Joe

atkinsod

Postby atkinsod » July 10th, 2017, 1:33 pm

Thanks, Joe. It's been a lot of fun adding to it and discovering a lot of books & material that I never know existed!

observer
Favorite Magician: Harry Kellar - Charlie Miller - Paul Rosini - Jay Marshall

Postby observer » July 10th, 2017, 6:55 pm

atkinsod wrote:...

... the website ...

Doug Atkinson

... is a wonderful resource!

Return to “Book of The Month Club”