Very detailed review of my book!

This forum is an ongoing, and evolving, discussion. Genii Forum members discuss opinions and trade notes on current and past magic books.
Tarotist
Favorite Magician: David Nixon

Very detailed review of my book!

Postby Tarotist » May 19th, 2022, 7:34 pm

I have never seen such a detailed review of a magic book in my entire life! It deals with the Royal Road to Card Magic. Naturally , my name is mentioned in great and wondrous detail as of course it most certainly should be. Alas I am only part of this wondrous review and I do concede that there are other human beings featured who naturally are not on the same level of wondrous literary talent as my most worthy self.

I must say this review is a far better explanation of my literary masterpiece than the rather silly lukewarm review in the Genii magazine by someone who obviously hadn't read it as thoroughly as it deserved. He probably couldn't read the red print so couldn't be bothered tackling it properly. Well, it isn't my fault he didn't purchase a magnifying glass, is it?

Not so for the author of THIS review. He studied not only my annotations but other lesser variations for months and months and months on end. He didn't need a magnifying glass either.

Anyway, here it is. After reading this I do expect you all to get your money out and help support an old man in his dotage. So open your wallets and let the moths fly out..................

https://playingcarddecks.com/blogs/all- ... card-magic

Tarotist

Re: Very detailed review of my book!

Postby Tarotist » March 1st, 2023, 10:23 pm

I am somewhat astonished to find that my Annotated Royal Road to Card Magic is flying off the shelves not so much in private sales to magicians but in retail outlets to the public. I sometimes wonder if the above review had something to do with it although I think it more likely something to with search engine stuff that I know nothing about. After all the main title of the original book without the word "annotated" comes up heavily as does the name of Harry Lorayne who wrote the foreword. Whatever the reason I am not going to complain.

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » March 2nd, 2023, 9:11 am

It is a wonderful review. Mark is to be congratulated on completing his labor of love, and sharing the invaluable knowledge and insight he gained by working in the trenches. I remember when he first broached the idea on this Forum of doing the project. He ultimately overcame the procrastination he often ruminated about -- in spades (hearts, clubs and diamonds!). I'm glad to hear of the success he's enjoying with the book.

Steve Mills

Postby Steve Mills » March 2nd, 2023, 11:26 am

For my money "Enders Game" writes the best reviews in magic.
Hell is empty and all of the devils are here. - William Shakespeare

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » March 2nd, 2023, 2:34 pm

I don't know where he finds the time! They are incredibly detailed reviews. And he actually READS the books he reviews. A lot of reviewers just skim over them and don't read them properly.

Tarotist

Postby Tarotist » March 3rd, 2023, 5:23 pm

Methinks at some point I will bring out my Annotated Royal Road out in paperback. Not quite yet but perhaps when sales start to flag.

Return to “Book of The Month Club”