Farmers in the Lybrary

Post topics about the business side of magic.
Bob Farmer

Farmers in the Lybrary

Postby Bob Farmer » April 14th, 2018, 8:29 am

As Richard Kaufman mentioned in a recent Genii, I've been circulating private manuscripts for years to a select group of the conjuring demi-monde. Some of those manuscripts and other material are now available on Lybrary.com. See:

https://www.lybrary.com/bob-farmer-m-579510.html

I'll be adding more material from time to time.

And since many have requested a picture of yours truly, I've added a recent photo to the site.

The latest addition is CHEAT!

No Skill? No problem!

Look like a card cheat without years of practice, self-denial, cheap bourbon and wild women. The most impressive thing you can do with their deck--the one they just handed you--is to discover the four aces in a variety of astounding ways. And it's even more impressive if they tell you which ace to find each time. Now you can do that with a couple of simple, beginner-level sleights. And you can do it impromptu with their deck.

Sure, this has been done before, but those methods required hard work, difficult sleights and mind-numbing mental calculations. You don't need any of that--You only need to CHEAT! You can find bourbon and wild women at the biker bar down the road from the auto plant.

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Re: Farmers in the Lybrary

Postby Joe Mckay » April 14th, 2018, 9:34 am

This is great news!

Also - the trick above is very good. It is definitely worth checking out.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 14th, 2018, 1:36 pm

Every magician should buy all of Bob's manuscripts.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

AJM

Postby AJM » April 14th, 2018, 1:38 pm

You’re looking rather pale Bob, if you don’t mind me saying - I think you may have to take a break from visiting the biker bar for a while.

Cheers

Andrew

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » April 14th, 2018, 3:49 pm

Andrew, thank you for the good advice and I'll take it just as soon as I can find my way out of here. I think I take a left at the pool tables and then straight on past the biker babes and the stacked cases of beer and then out to the parking lot through the steel double doors. Another triple Wild Turkey should clear my mind sufficiently to navigate successfully. Or maybe I'll do that in about twenty minutes or so. What time is it? Just a second, there's a guy here wants me to buy him a drink if he pulls out one of his teeth with some pliers. Looks like he's done this before. Will report later.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » April 15th, 2018, 3:11 am

DO NOT walk by the biker babes, you fool.

CHEAT is brilliant thinking about one of my favorite effects, the Christ Aces. Bob has reimagined this with a ton of brilliant innovations.

Highly recommended.

Matt Field

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » April 20th, 2018, 9:36 am

Some reviews:

"Verrrry nice!" - Roberto Giobbi

"CHEAT is brilliant thinking about one of my favorite effects, the Christ Aces. Bob has reimagined this with a ton of brilliant innovations. Highly recommended."
--Matt Field, Genii forum

"This is a gem."
--Matt Field

"This looks terrific, in no small part because it addresses three items I’ve always been fond of: the Christ Aces, Vernon’s “Aces to Order” and Semel’s Pirandello Cut. ...Your approaches are fascinating ...."
--Stephen Minch

"Great stuff Bob. Nice little routine. ...I've always loved this plot and I really like your rendition. ... I really like GPS Aces and I love that it can be done from a borrowed shuffled deck.
The patter helps to make the process entertaining yet concise. This handling is lean without compromising effect. ... Top notch magic. Highly recommended."
--Magicfish, The Magician's Forum

... the trick ... is very good. It is definitely worth checking out."
--Joe McKay, Genii Forum

Jack Shalom

Postby Jack Shalom » April 20th, 2018, 2:34 pm

I enjoyed Bob's Cyclops impromptu cups and balls routine.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 3rd, 2018, 5:57 pm

Famous Japanese magician, Yuki Kadoya, just sent me this email:

Dear Bob-san :

I just bought "Cheat!" from Lybrary.com. Wow. what a clever thinking it is!

I think Bob-san's great talent is picking up some old but interesting lesser-known principles or / and classic plots, then put together them in a brand-new, really devilishly clever and simplified way. Then Bob-san creates unique and innovative effects with popular plot in magic with a fairly easy method. Bob-san did it again for Christ's "Fabulous Ace Trick"! I really like "set up". I'll use this set up forever :-)

Sincerely,
YUKI

Thank you Yuki! If you want a Cheat!, go to:

https://www.lybrary.com/cheat-p-922452.html

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 15th, 2018, 7:49 am

Turnantula, the famous underground sleight, has now been released with a video.

"The sleight ... is to my knowledge new and is certainly a lovely maneuver promising wide applicability. If anything can shine through the welter of material being published today, I should think this sleight deserves to. It is quite simply, very, very good ... your applications ... [are] ... excellent in their construction." - Stephen Minch

"... [Turnantula] ... is quite excellent and I have never seen anything like it before." - Roy Walton

There is a magic deep state fed by an underground river of suppressed and secret information shared by a few, jealously guarded and never discussed among the general magical demi-monde. For decades, Turnantula was just such a secret. But now, forced as a condition of his parole (along with 100 hours of community service), the reclusive Bob Farmer has ripped asunder the iron veil of mystery and legend and laid bare the real work, the secret work, the work of a lifetime.

As part of that selfless sacrifice, Mr. Farmer has posted the inner workings nakedly presented by a short and absolutely free video. But this video is only 5% of the secret: you can only find the rest in the manuscript.

See the video:

https://www.lybrary.com/turnantula-p-922491.html

CONTENTS OF TURNANTULA

TURNANTULA
EFFECT
METHOD
COMMENTS

PACKET VERSION

EIGHT CARD MONTE

TWO CARD VARIATIONS

THREE CARD VARIATIONS
THREE–CARD MONTE (ORDINARY CARDS)
ROUTINED THREE-CARD MONTE
THREE–CARD MONTE (GAFFED CARDS)

FOUR CARD VARIATIONS
KING THING
KING THING CARD BY CARD

FIVE CARD VARIATIONS
ROYAL FLUSH THING
TRIPLE CHANGE
BRAIN TELEVISION

TURNANTULA ACE ASSEMBLY
EFFECT
PREPARATION
SET-UP
PERFORMANCE

OTHER USES FOR TURNANTULA
TRIUMPH
CUT TO THE ACE
DROP KICK
DROP KICK II
DAWES DELIGHTFUL DELUSION
SYMPATHETIC TURNANTULA
DECK APPEARS IN BOX
SNEAKIER PIGGY-BACK

THE RUMBA COUNT

CARLYLE TURNOVER MOVE

THE REMRAF REVERSAL

Matthew Field

Postby Matthew Field » May 15th, 2018, 2:34 pm

Turnantula confused and amused me for years. I asked Bob repeated for a video and explanation.

It only took 12 years, but, at last, here it is. I've made up the practice deck as Bob suggests and, at my advanced age, am learning a new sleight. That's how good it is.

If you love great card magic, get this.

Matt Field

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 15th, 2018, 6:02 pm

I live to serve.

Joe Mckay

Postby Joe Mckay » May 15th, 2018, 6:11 pm

It is great seeing the video of this move.

It was proving impossible to visualize from the words and pictures alone.

Lovely move. Cheers, Bob!

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 15th, 2018, 7:39 pm

Joe, the move is completely counterintuitive. Don't ask me how I came up with it--I don't know. A gift from the gods of moves.

Joe Mckay

Postby Joe Mckay » May 15th, 2018, 7:43 pm

It is like a 4D version of Roy Walton's Trigger move!

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » May 15th, 2018, 9:14 pm

The "Remraf Reversal"? Some would say that you are influenced by Erdnase, to use a name reversal like that. Not me, but some.

Matthew Field

Postby Matthew Field » May 16th, 2018, 3:42 am

"I live to serve."
Farmer

I serve liver.
Field

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 16th, 2018, 8:57 am

Roy Walton sent me an email explaining the difference between the "Remraf Reversal" (which is not the Turnantula move, but is explained in the manuscript) as follows:

"Your Remraf Reversal is perhaps a very distant cousin, many times removed ... to Trigger.

"[Some] ... may think it is similar because when looking at the spectators' viewpoint of the pack, the external action is similar.

"The end results, however, are completely different. Remraf secretly reverses a quantity of cards as you APPEAR to turn the pack over, only one section REALLY being turned over.

"Trigger secretly cuts the pack as you APPEAR to turn it over. NO cards are really turned over at all."

So here's the list:

1. Starting with all the cards facing one way (e.g., face down), the Remraf Reversal reverses any number of cards from 1 to 51 on the bottom of the deck.

2. Trigger doesn't reverse any cards, but secretly cuts the deck.

3. Starting with cards reversed on the bottom of the deck, Turnantula secretly rights those cards as the deck is turned over.

I actually practice by reversing cards with Remraf, then righting them with Turnantula, then reversing with Remraf, etc.

As I note in the manuscript, Turnantula works because it is an optical illusion, which is why (as an experiment) after ten minutes of work, I taught it to a layman who could do it almost perfectly. As explained in the manuscript, magicians have difficulty because of their muscle memory.

If you can turn over a deck of cards, you can learn Turnantula.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 16th, 2018, 12:15 pm

Trigger is so counter-intuitive that I could retain the handling when taught in person for about five minutes. Then promptly was unable to do it again.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 27th, 2018, 2:29 pm

Thank you to all magicians who have downloaded "Turnantula" and "Cheat" and made them two of the top selling downloads on Lybrary.com

If you are interested in innovative and cutting-edge card magic, you'll find it here in spades (and clubs, hearts and diamonds).

Don't waste your time this holiday weekend enjoying the outdoors and interaction with friends and family: isolate yourself with a deck of cards, a bottle of MACALLAN 12 Year Old Sherry Oak and a illegal Cuban cigar and then go to:

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » June 30th, 2018, 8:25 am

The long-hidden full manuscript for the most versatile packet switch extant is now available for mere pennies on the page:

https://www.lybrary.com/the-pat-switch- ... 22545.html

Bill Marquardt
Favorite Magician: Pop Haydn

Postby Bill Marquardt » June 30th, 2018, 8:39 am

I went to Farmersonly.com but that was a whole different thing. Liked the talking horses, though.

Matthew Field

Postby Matthew Field » July 8th, 2018, 10:27 am

A long, long time ago (maybe 30 years) and far, far away (in Canada) a magician named Bob Farmer decided to apply his creative powers to inventing card magic moves and tricks. These things were distributed to his friends as typewritten manuscripts, since these were the days B.C. (Before Computers). Bob is going through these treasures and releasing the best of them through Lybrary.com.

The first of these is a utility move along with two tricks which utilize it. It’s called the PAT Switch, which stands for Packet Transfer Switch and, as you might suspect, it accomplishes what moves like the Braue Addition and Hartman Secret Subtraction do – except better and with more versatility and invisibility.

So if you’ve got an Ace and three cards the spectator has selected, you can change those into the four Aces. You can switch three for three, four for four, and just about any combination you can imagine, without breaks or other give-aways.

The tricks include the wonderfully named Ambiguous Snake of a Thousand Laughs in which two red Aces and a Joker are removed and switch around in a Monte-like sequence that is baffling and, at the conclusion turn into Kings.

The other trick seems to have three names: Mixed Emotions, Mixdemeanor and Mixcegnation. I think that last one should be “mixcegenation” but this is a typed manuscript so what it is is what it is. What it is is a climax to an Oil & Water sequence in which, after the usual byplay, the four black cards are dropped onto the four tabled red cards and they are immediately shown to alternate. It is very good.

This trip in the Wayback Machine is worthwhile in every regard. The PAT Switch will have you rethinking many of the tricks you know and probably have in your repertoire, as well as suggesting new ideas. The two tricks included are excellent. It’s 22 pages of PDF with a ton of illustrations (tiny) for $10 from http://www.lybrary.com, and put Bob Farmer in the search bar.

Matt Field

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » July 9th, 2018, 4:24 pm

The PAT Switch is now in the top 2 of best sellers. Thank you Bammo fans and thank you Matt for the great review.

http://www.lybrary.com/bob-farmer-m-579510.html

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » July 11th, 2018, 2:39 pm

The PAT Switch is now the #1 best seller on Lybrary.com. Act now before the asteroid hits earth (predicted for next week).

http://www.lybrary.com/bob-farmer-m-579510.html

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » August 13th, 2018, 11:12 am

Before the proliferation of multi-card, back-changing face transforming packet tricks, I created a template known to only a few, here revealed for the very first time for the many is the secret. Elements of this effect subsequently appeared in others' effects, but without any credit.

A small packet of Jokers changes color from red to blue to green to yellow to all different colors. The faces then change to kings. No special cards are required. No thick blocks of cards are used. All changes are instantaneous. No special cards required. A deal at $5!

https://www.lybrary.com/bad-influence-b ... 22595.html

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 30th, 2020, 9:11 am

Harapan Ong perfroming his version of "King Thing" from the Turnantula manuscript (just five cards, no rough and smooth):

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9wVD_sJubA ... hare_sheet

Turnantula is available here:

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » June 7th, 2020, 10:16 am

The new, revised edition of Turnantula, now includes an explanation of Harapan's effect. Anyone who has already purchased the manuscript at Lybrary.com can get the revised edition for free.

Also, Harapan is running a contest: you can win a free copy of Turnantula. See:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBIsjUnJ9k_ ... kftpm75lxo

Turnantula is available here:

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » June 23rd, 2020, 8:32 am

An even newer, revised edition of Turnantula is now available. It contains complete explanations of the effects in the videos below.

Harapan Ong:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9wVD_sJubA/

Harapan Ong, in collaboration with Lybrary.com ran a contest for Turnantula uses and the winner was Emiliano Martinez Santamaria of Mexico. A full explanation is included in the new manuscript along with a new effect based on Emiliano's deck.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBUagG5F2jP ... _copy_link

Of the new effect, "Now You See It, Now You Don't," Matt Field had this to say:

"... I like "Now You See It, Now You Don't" in the new edition of Turnantula. The apparent turning of normal cards into blanks, with the exception of a selection, is powerful stuff. Your patter is very clever and funny and suitably puzzling."

Prior purchasers of Turnantula can get a free upgrade by going to their Lybrary.com accounts. All others can see the move and make a purchase here:

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » September 21st, 2020, 12:37 pm

The Bammo book trilogy is now available at Lybrary.com, books that Roberto Giobbi has called, "extraordinary." Consisting of The Bammo Tarodiction Toolbox, The Bammo Gaffus Maximus and The Bammo Brain Bamboozler, you can find them all and other stuff here:

If you are not on my mailing list send an email to Bammomagic@cogeco.ca for more details and a free trick.

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”