I am confused

Post topics about the business side of magic.

Re: I am confused

Postby Guest » July 31st, 2002, 7:23 pm

I'll buy a copy. Where do I get it?

Postby Guest » August 1st, 2002, 4:19 am

Great thread guys. There is a lot of great information in these posts.

Postby Guest » August 5th, 2002, 7:36 am

I concur with Tony about Steve,I first met Steve at a club meeting about 8 years ago and even then he was in the planning stages of how to get out information along with magic to the public. I have been honored to watch Steve demostrate most of his business cards in various stages of development,Even in there rawest form they were powerfull. All can be performed with little or no slights and if you have a good delivery then you are far ahead of the game. I am not a pro and only do the odd trick or two for friends and family. I was fortuninate enough too have Steve give me a few of his cards which he toke the time to print up with my personal name and address. Even my family members Kept the cards and the kids well that is the perfect example they showed the tricks to there friends what a way to keep magic alive. I have seen the book in it's final cut and it is great,it is simple to follow all you really need is your computer or a friend and follow the instructions which are self explanitory. The cards are more then a business card they are magic which just have your phone number on them. I say thanks to Steve for bringing more magic for the Magicians of the world and there public. Sampson

Postby Guest » August 5th, 2002, 3:33 pm

I am working on a duo act right now. We thought it might make a nice effect to take our two business cards, tear them in half and make a single new business card.

Postby Guest » August 10th, 2002, 1:37 pm

That is a good idea. Blendo type business card effect play very well as do torn and restored business card tricks. It is important that the restoral is complete. The card you give to the potential client but not be creased or wrinkled or dirty or have a corner still missing. The business card represents you.
Magic experts claim that if you do a magic trick with your business card the spectator will keep, and even cherish it forever. This is nonsense. The only way potential clients will keep your cards is if they can use them and get personal enjoyment from them.
The cards you give should be an easy magic trick, a funny gag, an interesting puzzle or anything they will keep and show to their friends.
Steve

Ben Harris

Postby Ben Harris » August 10th, 2002, 7:47 pm

Hi Steve,

My goodness, it has been ages.
How are you? What have you been up to?

Cheers mate

Ben Harris
Creator of the famous "Floating Match On Card" illusion.
WOWBOUND.COM - INSTANT DOWNLOADS

Postby Guest » August 10th, 2002, 9:04 pm

Hi Ben,

Postby Guest » August 10th, 2002, 9:11 pm

Hi Ben,
E-mail me your current address and I'll send you a brand new trick. I continue to send free samples to magicians at random and as usual very few bother to take the time to send a quik e-mail to say thank you or tell me what they think of the trick. Naturally they never get another one. It seems only the busy, working magicians find the time to reply. This is a strange business.
Steve

Ben Harris

Postby Ben Harris » August 11th, 2002, 7:48 pm

Done, Steve.

Can't wait to see some new Duscheck. It has been way too many years!

Cheers

Ben

Postby Guest » August 17th, 2002, 10:41 pm

Hey Steve,
Just wanted to say thanks for that trick you sent me back in '86. I'm done beta testing it. I found it to work well. :D

Philemon

Postby Philemon » August 20th, 2002, 11:43 am

I have been given the wonderful opportunity to preview six of the effects that will be forthcoming in Steve Dusheck's upcoming book on "Business Card Magic."

These effects ALONE are worth the price of the book... so it is safe to assume that ALL the effects that will be contained within will make this book PRICELESS to anyone who wants to hand out their business card to promote their magical entertainment services.

Thank you Steve for your generosity and creative thinking!

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » August 20th, 2002, 12:16 pm

Originally posted by Steve Dusheck:
I have just completed my book on business card magic. It goes to the printer in a week or two.
Steve -- Could you post info on ordering your book for those of us (ME!) who are interested?

Matt Field

Postby Guest » August 20th, 2002, 1:07 pm

I have also been priviledged to see several of the business cards that Steve Dusheck has created for his upcoming book. He generously sent me sets of cards to do eight different routines from the book. And they were personalized with my name, phone number, address, etc!!! What a generous guy.
These ideas are priceless to a working performer. I'm already producing some of them in quantity to put to work right away.
I've not seen the book, but know enough already to recommend it highly. Hope Steve begins shipping very soon.

Jeff Haas

Postby Jeff Haas » August 20th, 2002, 2:20 pm

New stuff from Dusheck! Terrific! And what a blast from the past, too.

Please make sure to let us know when the book comes out.

Jeff

Ben Harris

Postby Ben Harris » August 20th, 2002, 4:56 pm

I agree.

I've so missed Steve's creativity. So much new magic that we see today consists of mild re-hashes. Yet, Steve's stuff is always so VERY original and creative.

I personally hope that this is the start of a full on return by Steve. What a guy!

BH

Postby Guest » August 21st, 2002, 11:06 am

My book on business card magic is almost ready to send to the printer. I will let you know when it is available. I really really appreciate all the kind words. Thank you very much. All the young magicians are probably wondering who you "old guys" are talking about.
Steve Who?

Philemon

Postby Philemon » August 21st, 2002, 11:31 am

What?

Don't these "youngsters" know that Steve Dusheck is "wunderbar"?

;)

Tony Baronio

Postby Tony Baronio » August 21st, 2002, 5:41 pm

Not to mention Lethal Tender, Waltzing Matilda, Washout, Ringer, Chipstakes and about 500 or more other great effects!

Tony

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”