The Bammo Flim-Flam CONglomeration

Post topics about the business side of magic.
Bob Farmer

The Bammo Flim-Flam CONglomeration

Postby Bob Farmer » June 10th, 2020, 9:40 am

The Bammo Flim-Flam CONglomeration--The Way of the Scamurai, is slated for publication in the fall of 2020. It will consist of all of my Flim-Flam columns from MAGIC and GENII, as well as new material, updates and more stuff (though all of the Ten Card Deal material is not included because it is in The Bammo Ten Card Deal Dossier). Coming in at about 475 pages, it will be a hefty volume.

For a preview of the contents pages, email Bammomagic@cogeco.ca

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: The Bammo Flim-Flam CONglomeration

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 10th, 2020, 1:03 pm

Yay!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » June 10th, 2020, 1:28 pm

It was Richard who started this entire journey when he suggested I should write a column.

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Postby Joe Mckay » June 10th, 2020, 3:41 pm

Put me down for a copy.

Can't wait!

Jack Shalom

Postby Jack Shalom » June 11th, 2020, 6:14 am

Looking forward to it!

PapaG

Postby PapaG » June 11th, 2020, 10:36 am

What, no hardcover option to protect this massive tome from repeated use?

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » June 11th, 2020, 2:12 pm

I haven't made a decision on the format yet.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » November 10th, 2021, 3:08 pm

The Bammo Flim-Flam CONglomeration is being published by Kaufman and Company and will ship in January. It's being printed in the U.S.A. You can pre-order here:

https://kaufmanandcompany.com/products/ ... lomeration

If you send an email to Bammomagic@cogeco.ca with the subject line Flim-Flam, I will send you an excerpt for an amazing Poker Dice moneymaker that will pay for the book before it arrives.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » November 14th, 2021, 12:06 pm

I've had some emails asking whether the Ten Card Deal material is included in the Flim-Flam CONglomeration. It is not, having been extracted and included in the Bammo Ten Card Deal Dossier. The 1st hardback edition of that book is selling for crazy prices, but a second edition with even more material is available in softback here for a reasonable price:

https://houdini.com/bammo-ten-card-deal ... m-dvl.html

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » November 14th, 2021, 4:37 pm

For those who bought the original hardback Ten Card Deal Dossier, the Addendum to the new edition can be purchased separately:

https://houdini.com/ten-card-dvl-with-a ... bammo.html

Tom Frame
Favorite Magician: Del Ray

Postby Tom Frame » November 14th, 2021, 5:16 pm

My review of this degenerate, incorrigible grifter's book will appear in the January issue of Genii.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » November 14th, 2021, 5:58 pm

Thank you Tom.

One note: illegal downloads of the Dossier are unfortunately around. The censored who is responsible tried to order the Flim-Flam book. He was denied. If you buy from this guy, know that he is in Serbia and your credit card information will probably be made available to the Serbian mafia so besides stealing from me and other magicians this guy rips off, you will probably be ripped off--but of course, in this case, you deserve it.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » December 22nd, 2021, 12:13 pm

Tom Frame has reviewed The Bammo Flim-Flam CONglomeration in the January, 2022, Genii. He writes, in part:

“… Mr. Farmer writes well and does a fine job of teaching the material. He dutifully provides appropriate attribution. Tony Dunn’s signature illustrations nicely complement the text. Bob Farmer is knee-slapping, gut-busting, beverage-spewing funny! If I didn’t like a single effect in this book, I’d still recommend it because it’s a riotous ride of a read …

“… The Bammo Flim Flam Conglomeration is wantonly wonderful! Normally, to acquire such a bountiful bouquet of bunko, you’d have to spend several years in federal prison. Bob Farmer has spared you that tortuous tuition with this glorious graduate school for grifters. For his disservice to the community, Bob Farmer is going straight to Hell. I encourage you to join him. I’ll save you a seat by the fire.

“Highly Recommended.”

Order here for a January delivery. Printed in the U.S.A.

https://kaufmanandcompany.com/products/ ... lomeration

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » December 22nd, 2021, 12:54 pm

The Ten Card Dossier is one of my favorite books ever. So I can't wait to enjoy Bob's newest CONglomeration.

Speaking of the Ten Card Dossier, please know that the current reprint (softcover) is very high quality, has extra material (17 page addendum, download videos link, etc.) and can be purchased at a cheaper price than the original hardback version.

https://houdini.com/bammo-ten-card-deal ... m-dvl.html

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 22nd, 2021, 2:32 pm

There will not be a softcover version of Flim Flam Conglomeration in the future at a lower price.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » December 22nd, 2021, 5:40 pm

Ditto.

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » December 22nd, 2021, 8:50 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:There will not be a softcover version of Flim Flam Conglomeration in the future at a lower price.

Oh, I didn't mean to suggest that, just wanted to point out that Bob's wonderful Ten Card Dossier is still available for those unlucky enough not to have previously purchased it.

That being said... have have ever considered re-printing some older, out of print Kaufman books in softcover? Like Bannon did with "Dear Mr. Fantasy" and John G. with "One degree"?

Seems like a nice way to keep certain books in print, a middle ground between expensive hardcover reprinting costs and less useful e-books (pdfs).

JHostler

Postby JHostler » January 6th, 2022, 7:09 am

I ***hate*** to ask... but is Bob's latest tome-o-goodies still scheduled to ship this month?
"The gnomes' ambition is handicapped by laziness." Adapted from Charles Bukowski, and clearly evident at http://www.gnominal.com

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 6th, 2022, 10:26 am

As far as I know.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 16th, 2022, 1:19 pm

Update to customers who have purchased the book from me: the book has been completed by the printer and should be shipped to the fulfillment warehouse on Monday or Tuesday (depending on weather and, of course, truckers are in short supply).
It will take four or five days at the fulfillment warehouse to get the books checked in and prepare the orders. But I assume they should be shipped out the end of next week or early the following week. Shipping is by media mail, and the post office is also beset by thousands of sickened workers, so my suggestion is to be patient and look for it in about a month.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » January 16th, 2022, 6:16 pm

When you hold the sacred tome in your hands murmur a silent prayer of thanks to Mr. Kaufman who has done an exemplary job of bringing the book to reality. Alternately, light a candle in front of the latest Genii issue.

Grippo's Wish

Postby Grippo's Wish » January 18th, 2022, 12:21 am

Dear Richard: why was the book designed so similarly to Hobb's The Labyrinth? I'm accustomed to see every book with a different design.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 18th, 2022, 10:49 am

I haven't looked at Labyrinth since it came out and did not remember that. I designed it to sit next to Bob's Ten Card Poker Deal book.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » January 18th, 2022, 11:43 am

The Labyrinth hardback is much smaller.

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » January 18th, 2022, 1:04 pm

Grippo's Wish wrote:Dear Richard: why was the book designed so similarly to Hobb's The Labyrinth? I'm accustomed to see every book with a different design.

Why is that necessary/desirable? This design is the same as Bob's other, book (Ten card Poker) and is designed to fit in with it.

Seems like a silly gripe, frankly.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » March 18th, 2022, 10:45 am

The Bammo Flim-Flam CONglomeration has a few copies left. At this point there are no plans for a second printing and so it is close to becoming another fabled tome unobtainable at any price from those with a copy. The reviews have been unanimous, except for Monsignor O’Neil’s letter to Bob, begging him to renounce his evil ways and return to the seminary.

“Bob’s brilliance, deviousness, and creativity are perfectly balanced by his wacky sense of humor …. With The Bammo Flim-Flam Conglomeration you get everything you expect from a Bob Farmer book: an off-the-wall sense of humor, laser-sharp intelligence, clear and concise writing, and a mountain of intriguing and entertaining scams, cons, betchas, and tricks—enough to amuse any magic enthusiast of any skill level, whether or not they have larceny in their heart.”
—Excerpts from Mike Close’s review in his newsletter

“… Bob Farmer is knee-slapping, gut-busting, beverage-spewing funny! If I didn’t like a single effect in this book, I’d still recommend it because it’s a riotous ride of a read …There is an overwhelming amount of great material in this book! …The Bammo Flim Flam Conglomeration is wantonly wonderful! …Highly Recommended.”
—Excerpts From Tom Frame’s Genii review

“…I know Bob Farmer and LOVE whatever he puts out. I have everything he has ever published and he is one of a handful of magicians that I would buy sight unseen and know that I was going to learn something. The book is $75.00 and I would pay $150.00 …
…My favorite effect in the book that is worth the price of the book (I really mean it) is Skull Scavenger. A deck is shuffled and cut into four piles. The Spector cuts into one pile, fans the cards cut off and thinks of one. The magician has up to this point has not touched or seen the cards. The magician now cuts the deck several times and fans the cards towards the spectator and asks “if he sees his card or is it lost.” This process is repeated. The deck is placed on the spectators hand and he names his card and the magician has him turn over the top card. It is the selection.”
—Excerpts from Norman Beck’s M-U-M review

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » March 18th, 2022, 12:54 pm

Congratulations Bob on the success of the book.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » March 18th, 2022, 4:03 pm

Thank you. It was a labor of love. However, a big thank you goes to Richard, Liz and Donna at Kaufman and Company, because they did a lot of hard work.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » March 20th, 2022, 2:21 pm

Here is a new video review and he's not a member of my family:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8rengIy71E

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 24th, 2022, 4:03 pm

I have had a lot of feedback on the full-deck false shuffle explained in the book. If you go here, you can see a demo:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Bammommagic/featured

The shuffle is fully explained in the book.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » October 5th, 2022, 2:17 pm

Great new video review of the book here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isCv3DJwVrM

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”