Farmers in the Lybrary

Post topics about the business side of magic.
Bob Farmer

Farmers in the Lybrary

Postby Bob Farmer » April 14th, 2018, 8:29 am

As Richard Kaufman mentioned in a recent Genii, I've been circulating private manuscripts for years to a select group of the conjuring demi-monde. Some of those manuscripts and other material are now available on Lybrary.com. See:

https://www.lybrary.com/bob-farmer-m-579510.html

I'll be adding more material from time to time.

And since many have requested a picture of yours truly, I've added a recent photo to the site.

The latest addition is CHEAT!

No Skill? No problem!

Look like a card cheat without years of practice, self-denial, cheap bourbon and wild women. The most impressive thing you can do with their deck--the one they just handed you--is to discover the four aces in a variety of astounding ways. And it's even more impressive if they tell you which ace to find each time. Now you can do that with a couple of simple, beginner-level sleights. And you can do it impromptu with their deck.

Sure, this has been done before, but those methods required hard work, difficult sleights and mind-numbing mental calculations. You don't need any of that--You only need to CHEAT! You can find bourbon and wild women at the biker bar down the road from the auto plant.

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Re: Farmers in the Lybrary

Postby Joe Mckay » April 14th, 2018, 9:34 am

This is great news!

Also - the trick above is very good. It is definitely worth checking out.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 14th, 2018, 1:36 pm

Every magician should buy all of Bob's manuscripts.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

AJM

Postby AJM » April 14th, 2018, 1:38 pm

You’re looking rather pale Bob, if you don’t mind me saying - I think you may have to take a break from visiting the biker bar for a while.

Cheers

Andrew
Corner-boy Begrudger

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » April 14th, 2018, 3:49 pm

Andrew, thank you for the good advice and I'll take it just as soon as I can find my way out of here. I think I take a left at the pool tables and then straight on past the biker babes and the stacked cases of beer and then out to the parking lot through the steel double doors. Another triple Wild Turkey should clear my mind sufficiently to navigate successfully. Or maybe I'll do that in about twenty minutes or so. What time is it? Just a second, there's a guy here wants me to buy him a drink if he pulls out one of his teeth with some pliers. Looks like he's done this before. Will report later.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » April 15th, 2018, 3:11 am

DO NOT walk by the biker babes, you fool.

CHEAT is brilliant thinking about one of my favorite effects, the Christ Aces. Bob has reimagined this with a ton of brilliant innovations.

Highly recommended.

Matt Field

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » April 20th, 2018, 9:36 am

Some reviews:

"Verrrry nice!" - Roberto Giobbi

"CHEAT is brilliant thinking about one of my favorite effects, the Christ Aces. Bob has reimagined this with a ton of brilliant innovations. Highly recommended."
--Matt Field, Genii forum

"This is a gem."
--Matt Field

"This looks terrific, in no small part because it addresses three items I’ve always been fond of: the Christ Aces, Vernon’s “Aces to Order” and Semel’s Pirandello Cut. ...Your approaches are fascinating ...."
--Stephen Minch

"Great stuff Bob. Nice little routine. ...I've always loved this plot and I really like your rendition. ... I really like GPS Aces and I love that it can be done from a borrowed shuffled deck.
The patter helps to make the process entertaining yet concise. This handling is lean without compromising effect. ... Top notch magic. Highly recommended."
--Magicfish, The Magician's Forum

... the trick ... is very good. It is definitely worth checking out."
--Joe McKay, Genii Forum

Jack Shalom

Postby Jack Shalom » April 20th, 2018, 2:34 pm

I enjoyed Bob's Cyclops impromptu cups and balls routine.

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”