More exposing on TV

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
observer
Favorite Magician: Harry Kellar - Charlie Miller - Paul Rosini - Jay Marshall

More exposing on TV

Postby observer » July 5th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Jonathan Townsend

Re: More exposing on TV

Postby Jonathan Townsend » July 5th, 2018, 10:39 pm

Good to Orson... but there's so much to click on these days.

anyway who owns the rights to the Wells clip source? - If the rightsholder complains... :idea:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCij4W- ... 3W87H0l2kQ

?
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Jack Shalom

Postby Jack Shalom » July 6th, 2018, 1:13 am

I forget who it was who said it, but I've long liked the comment that, "ESP is another name for paying attention." I think it was quoted in a Doug Dyment booklet.

Curtis The Mentalist
Favorite Magician: What is this, third grade?

Postby Curtis The Mentalist » July 18th, 2018, 5:45 pm

I hardly call this interview of Orson Welles from so many decades ago "exposure" in any real sense. I wouldn't worry too much about this disrupting the lives of too many mystery entertainers.
Curtis Waltermire
Mentalist/Speaker/Actor/Army Veteran/Grandpa/Cool Dad & Above-Average Husband
https://CurtisTheMentalist.com
https://MastermindShowComedy.com

performer

Postby performer » July 18th, 2018, 9:10 pm

Jack Shalom wrote:I forget who it was who said it, but I've long liked the comment that, "ESP is another name for paying attention." I think it was quoted in a Doug Dyment booklet.

Actually Doug Dyment or whoever wrote that was wrong. ESP happens when you are NOT paying attention!

performer

Postby performer » July 24th, 2018, 4:24 am

Oddly enough Orson Welles spoke out strongly against exposure in his foreword to Bruce Elliot's "Magic as a Hobby". However with regard to the clip above I am very impressed with his insight from 1.50 or so onwards. That is EXACTLY how psychic ability works and I have written about this many times. There is nothing "fraudulent" about it whatsoever and anyone who says it is just happens to be a dumb bell. Or a magician which usually amounts to the same thing.

Welles actually admits in his own words that once you get to this advanced stage there is no trickery whatsoever. The "computer" in your brain takes care of everything and you don't have to do a thing. After doing thousands of readings I can tell a whole lot about a person without them saying a single word. One look is all I need and that is it. No analysing, cold reading or looking up people on the internet (who the hell has time for that?). Just one look is all I need and within seconds even before the reading starts I know all about them. The "computer" that Welles refers to is the answer.

So oddly enough his supposed "exposure" actually vindicates that psychic ability exists and explains why it actually works. Nothing supernatural about it. It just is what it is. You might not call this "psychic" but that is what is really going on. I prefer to call it heightened intuition rather than psychic ability.

It works best when you are not trying to make it work. Trying to figure things out is not psychic. Just knowing instinctively without thinking is.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”