Psychometry

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
JonathanBMagic

Psychometry

Postby JonathanBMagic » April 15th, 2011, 10:23 pm

I am researching a way to make your own psychometry bags(pseudo psychometry?)and as well locating a handling for it. Any information is appreciated.

Dick Christian

Re: Psychometry

Postby Dick Christian » April 16th, 2011, 9:56 am

Just curious -- what are you hoping to acheive by making your own? Are the various bags already on the market somehow inadequate? If you are simply trying to save a few bucks, then telling you how to make them would necessarily involve either giving you someone's proprietary information sharing my own secrets which you could then claim as your own and use for your personal commercial advantage. Why do you presume anyone would do either?
Dick Christian

JonathanBMagic

Postby JonathanBMagic » April 16th, 2011, 10:06 am

No disrespect to anyone's (your) proprietary information intended. I do remember a lecture that did indeed go through a way to do this. I thought that perhaps there was a book that went through the process. I was prepared to purchase a set anyway. Do you recommend a particular set? Thanks.

SteveP

Postby SteveP » April 16th, 2011, 10:19 am

Dick Christian

Postby Dick Christian » April 16th, 2011, 6:39 pm

In addition to those from fabricmanipulation, Lee Earle also sold a set at one time but I don't know if he still offers them.
Several others have produced such bags over the years. In 2008 Haim Goldenberg sold a psuedo-psychometry effect called "My Precious" that used three coin purses similar to those that Larry Becker uses in several of his effects. "My Precious" sold for a mere $44.95

Hope that helps.
Dick Christian

Xavier

Postby Xavier » April 19th, 2011, 7:25 pm

I fully support people expanding magic.... Good job on working on your own methods and props, try corindas 13 steps for methods of identifying objects through covert means. Mind myth and magic has a huge psychometry section but is more esoteric imnho. The following step would be to track down a seamstress who could make the bags you like.

I found one after I needed a blindfold made as magic Inc no longer manufactures them. For $50 I have a lifetime of blindfolds...
--Xavier

coinmonsta

Postby coinmonsta » April 21st, 2011, 8:01 pm

"My Precious" is also in the DVD set "Between 2 Minds" by Guy Bavli and Haim Goldenberg and it has instructions on how to make the props and the routine.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”