The Invisible Eye: the trick that fooled Paul Curry

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
Dick Christian

The Invisible Eye: the trick that fooled Paul Curry

Postby Dick Christian » April 13th, 2011, 3:42 pm

In 1996, ten years before his death, the late Dennis Marks released to the magic and mentalist communities his closely guarded creation The Invisible Eye. A versatile utility gimmick highly praised by both mentalists and card magicians, the Invisible Eye enables you to perform a variety of otherwise impossible effects including Paul Currys classic Out Of This World using a BORROWED DECK AFTER IT HAS BEEN THOROUGHLY SHUFFLED BY A SPECTATOR. When Dennis performed it at the Magic Castle and amazed Curry himself Curry gave him permission to call it the trick that fooled Paul Curry.

With the passing of Dennis in 2006 and Neil "Cards by Martin Lester" (who manufactured it under license from Dennis) in 2009, the gimmick became unavailable. As one of the early owners and long time users of the eye I was able to track down the heir to Dennis' estate and have recently concluded the purchase of exclusive ownership and all rights to The Invisible Eye and associated instructions, including its manufacture and sales. I have made only a minor modification to its construction and have reprinted Dennis' original instruction booklet with some added commentary and historical information and am pleased to announce that Dennis Marks' "Invisible Eye" is once again available to the magic and mentalist community. I personally make each gimmick by hand. The cost of the gimmick and updated instruction booklet (you provide your own deck of cards) is only $45 postpaid in the US and Canada (just $5 more than it cost when introduced in 1996) -- add $3 for overseas. Payment via PayPal to gr8magik@aol.com or by check or money order to:

Dick Christian
8612 Beaver Pond Lane
Fairfax Station, Virginia 22039-2702
USA

Orders are normally mailed within 48 hours of receipt of payment.

If you REALLY want to blow someone's mind, I can provide a new SEALED (seal and cellophane wrapper intact) deck of cards with the Invisible Eye pre-installed for $65. Please specify red or blue standard poker size Bicycle or Bee deck and allow up to 2-3 weeks for delivery.

In order to maintain at least some degree of exclusivity, the Invisible Eye will NOT be wholesaled to dealers, but will only be available directly from me.

Send a PM if you have any questions or need additional information.

For those not familiar with the "Invisible Eye," it is a powerful utility gimmick the uses of which are limited only by one's imagination. Just one of the many miracles possible -- and the one that "fooled Paul Curry" when Dennis Marks performed it for him -- is the ability to do Curry's own classic "Out Of This World," impromptu, with ANY borrowed and shuffled (by the spectator) deck of cards with no sleights, "moves" or manipulation required. Other possibilities include design duplication, effects with ESP or Tarot Cards, Runes, etc.

Bob Cassidy and numerous past and current members of the P.E.A. have owned and used "the Eye" and can attest to it's quality and usefulness.
Dick Christian

El Mystico

Re: The Invisible Eye: the trick that fooled Paul Curry

Postby El Mystico » April 13th, 2011, 3:57 pm

It's a great little tool. Kudos to Dick for keeping it alive.

Dick Christian

Re: The Invisible Eye: the trick that fooled Paul Curry

Postby Dick Christian » April 13th, 2011, 4:39 pm

El Mystico,

Thanks for the kind words.
Dick Christian

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”