Bert Reese lecture at Richard Osterlind's workshop

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
Torkova

Bert Reese lecture at Richard Osterlind's workshop

Postby Torkova » January 18th, 2010, 3:37 pm

For those that are interested, I will be a guest lecturer at Richard Osterlind's seminar next month.

I'll be presenting a lecture on my upcoming book on billet workers Bert Reese and Charles Foster. This will be a powerpoint presentation with many rare graphics and history of billet work from 1860-1936.

In the past four years researching the book (which I hope to have out by the end of this year), I've been able to uncover many fascinating things about billet work that are not only historical but some of the actual work that was being done then and is substantially unknown today. Reese and Foster were not stage entertainers but worked seances and did readings for the rich and famous. Even by 1880 the one-ahead technique (which I believe Foster invented), was well known and yet both Reese & Foster were still able to fool their sitters with their advanced applications of it.

In addition, I will be teaching one of my original billet routines that I was able to fool many members of the Legendary 13 which I'm sure you will like. I presented this talk at Jeff McBride's mentalism workshop this past November and was quite thrilled with the response to it.

The details are here: http://tinyurl.com/yzv8elp

Hope to see you at Richard's seminar in February!

Bobby Torkova

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”