Nothing is really, Something!

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
xtra

Nothing is really, Something!

Postby xtra » July 12th, 2008, 9:43 am

I recently managed to buy the DVD Nothing by Max Maven and I was really pleased with the contents.

The best part was actually the hidden commentary of the performance by Max.

I participated in a seminar with Max in Sweden some years ago that was very good but I was trying to get a similar comment about a show that he made during the days of the seminar. We seemed to misunderstand each other at the time and we left it at that. So when I to my great surprise and joy noticed the commentary on the DVD it was like he finally read my mind.

The commentary brings up such things as his way of taking risks with his performances. Something I noticed at the performance he made in Sweden where he (as I saw it) missed an effect during the performance. Then he used an out that seemed to strengthen the performance even more and I was quite impressed with the way he handled the situation.

My opinion is that it is invaluable information for anyone who like to perform in front of an audience and I like to compare his handling somewhat to the trick that cant be explained by Dai Vernon. Ways to take advantages of the circumstances and perform real mind reading. You seize the opportunity and claim responsibility for the outcome of whatever situation that might occur.

In short, if you are performing in front of audiences, get Nothing.

Any other opinions?

David Devlin

Re: Nothing is really, Something!

Postby David Devlin » July 14th, 2008, 8:48 am

Nothing is too cheap. The information on those disks are worth many times the price of Nothing. That said, if you are just looking for some tricks, don't bother. The tricks are great, but if that is all you want then you are missing the point of Nothing. I think that the discussion with Michael Webber is the best part.

Pete Poskiparta

Postby Pete Poskiparta » July 29th, 2008, 6:59 am

YES! I am totally agree with you. Nothing is very good and there is so much thinking and information that helps you understand what this is all about. Mentalism is not just a doing a tricks, it is so much more and Nothing tells you that if you just keep your eyes and ears open. I have seen a lot of criticism about this Nothing DVD but usually those who have criticise it doesnt even try to find THE point there. They just looking for a tricks and if they didnt find anything new then it was easy to say that it was a pure crap. But if you really listen what Max try to say, if you really watch and listen commentary you will understand better and I think you also can say Nothing is something, maybe even more.

Pete Poskiparta

Lior

Postby Lior » July 31st, 2008, 7:06 am

I think that everything Max published is very good and has lot in it.
Lior
Magic and mentalism for real workers
www.liormanor.com/vernon

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”