Weber is Telling All!

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Weber is Telling All!

Postby Guest » January 15th, 2004, 11:54 am

Just finished Ken Weber's new book on performance.

It is the book that Eugene Burger and Darwin Ortiz have attempted to write.

Not just for mentalists, for magicians as well.

Really smart, great and practical insights.

Not easy, but great.

Re: Weber is Telling All!

Postby Guest » January 20th, 2004, 8:19 am

I am reading it for the second time now and if you want to improve your magic, your mentalism, your over all effect on your audiences, if you want to better your own presentation, GET this book NOW and sit down and read it, digest it and re-read it. When Ken talks, everyone (and I do mean everyone- big names and small) listens and he poses ideas and thoughts that most would never ask or toss at you, making it hard hitting and effectual. You will never regret this purchase.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
AB Stagecraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Supplying professional mentalists world-wide

Jeff Eline

Postby Jeff Eline » January 20th, 2004, 9:09 am

There is a good review of it in the latest Genii. One chapter discussed in the review that I think every performer should read is the topic of scripting and eliminating all of the unnecessary and cliche phrases.

So many think they can improvise their way through a performance, when in fact only a very few have that talent.

Seems like this will be a good book. I look forward to reading it.

Postby Guest » January 21st, 2004, 7:21 am

Hi,
I will post a review in a month or two, just picked it up. Thanks for the recommendation.

-Oz

Bob Baker

Postby Bob Baker » January 21st, 2004, 5:07 pm

Not mentioned in this thread is that the book is called "Maximum Entertainment." It is one of the two or three most valuable books on performing magic and mentalism you will ever read. Period.

Bob

Tony Razzano

Postby Tony Razzano » January 22nd, 2004, 4:49 am

I agree 100% with Bob Baker's assessment of "Maximum Entertainment" by Ken Weber.
This book has advice from which we as magicians/mentalists can all benefit. The advice is taken from Ken's decades of experience in full time performing. It has my highest recommendation.
Best regards,
Tony Razzano

Postby Guest » January 22nd, 2004, 8:29 am

ears ago, Scott Davis, who published Seance Magazine and w3as Editir of Vibrations, but a TV Director in real life said to me "Magicians are the only performers that think they don't need a Director. Ken Weber has written Director's notes for mystery entertainment in Maximum Entertainment
Required reading for those that want to perform successfully
from
Ford

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » January 22nd, 2004, 4:32 pm

Ken's book sold out at the Las Vegas Seminar. His advice to me over the years has been invaluable and I know many pros who are indebted to his insights and suggestions. And he is one hell of a nice guy.

Quentin Reynolds

Riley G Matthews

Postby Riley G Matthews » January 22nd, 2004, 9:59 pm

Originally posted by Ford Kross:
ears ago, Scott Davis, who published Seance Magazine and w3as Editir of Vibrations, but a TV Director in real life said to me "Magicians are the only performers that think they don't need a Director. Ken Weber has written Director's notes for mystery entertainment in Maximum Entertainment
Required reading for those that want to perform successfully
from
Ford
Ford,

And it shows in their lack of performance styles... Two of the very best lectures EVER were by DAVEY-MARLIN JONES and also ALLEN SWIFT...

Davey-Marlin Jones told alot in a short amount of time...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
Film Actor & Mentalist
http://www.RileyG.com

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » January 22nd, 2004, 10:40 pm

Ford Kross:

Not all magicians are unaware of the need for a director. Penn and Teller, for instance, have used a variety of different people to "direct". In fact, every very successful magician I've ever met (with success defined by having your own show, with your name on the bill) uses a director.

Bob Baker:

Are you the same Bob Baker who did a show (in Spanish) in the little theater at Scarsdale High School circa 1975?

Postby Guest » January 23rd, 2004, 8:37 am

Peter McCabe
First, I was quoting Scott Davis, though I tend to agree
Henning Nelms, reccomended a Director, I recall years ago in Magic and Showmanship
But my guess is it's as minority of magicians who use the advice
I'm guessing a lot of stand up comedians don't use Directors either
from
Ford

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”