The works of Masklyn Ye Mage

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

The works of Masklyn Ye Mage

Postby Guest » July 15th, 2002, 2:47 am

I once heard that books by Masklyn Ye Mage were going to be put together in a single
book, is this true? and if so where do I get it? if not, where can I find these books?
are they out of print?

Re: The works of Masklyn Ye Mage

Postby Guest » July 15th, 2002, 6:22 am

Check with Magic Books by Post, H & R books and some of the other dealers that handle used books.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
http://www.mindguy.com

John Smetana

Postby John Smetana » July 15th, 2002, 7:28 pm

My guess is that it will be difficult to find books by Ye Mage. Most of his books were hand made in very limited numbers and are treasured by collectors who pay top dollar for them.
I don't know who owns the rights to his material so the idea of a collection of his works being made available is probably a long shot.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 15th, 2002, 8:50 pm

The rights to the following books by Tony Andruzzi, aka Masklyne ye Mage, are now owned by George Robinson of Viking Magic, who is in the process of putting all the material together for release in one large book:

The Negromicon
The Grimoire of Masklyn ye Mage
Daemon's Diary
The Scroll of Masklyne ye Mage

Except Daemon's Diary, the other three books were all handmade in limited quantities of 100 to 250. No one knows how many copies of the Scroll were printed, estimates range from a low of 50 upward. All cost between $500 and $1000 on the used market.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » March 2nd, 2007, 1:45 pm

Was this thread really from 2002? I saw mention on Vikings site that the Andruzzi Book was being planned, with no date attached. Is that announcement from 5 years ago, or is it possible that the book may appear this year?

I ask because I'm always on the lookout for the Scroll and Negromicon. Already have the Grimoire.

Dave Egleston

Postby Dave Egleston » March 3rd, 2007, 11:02 am

Robert,

You can always see a copy of the SCROLL on display at California Magic.

You never know - The owner may be interested in selling it.

The best time to go is Friday or Saturday night - There's usually a live dinner show going on those nights with some of the best performers in the world on stage

Dave

Postby Guest » March 3rd, 2007, 12:45 pm

Dave, thanks for posting that. I just checked out their web page and will have to schedule a trip over there sometime in the near future. It's a bit far for dinner, but a day trip is doable.

Postby Guest » July 22nd, 2007, 1:33 pm

I was doing a lecture in McAllen for the club down there, about 3 years ago, when George told me about the planned release of the books. He told me that Tom's children had asked that the scroll be reissued as a book, rather than a scroll.

George is a very busy guy. He is trying to revamp the old CW items to make them more stable and reliable, and he is trying to issue new things as well.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”