A Bunch of Free Magic Magazines

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
James
Favorite Magician: Slydini

A Bunch of Free Magic Magazines

Postby James » November 26th, 2022, 3:43 pm

Over the years I’ve collected a TON of magazines (mainly close-up). But I realize that nowadays, magazines don’t have much monetary value. So everything listed here is free. BUT…

As I’m far too lazy to box them up and ship them, if you want ‘em… you gotta pick them up. I live in Las Vegas. So if you live here or plan to visit soon, you can swing by my place or we can meet somewhere. And you have to take everything as it’ll all be boxed up.

Here’s what I have…

50 issues of Pabular Magazine. If you’re not familiar with it, it was a GREAT close-up magazine published in England. Think of it as an English version of Apocalypse/Richard’s Almanac. Many of the top close-up workers in the 1970s-1980s contributed. There are effects and articles by Fred Robinson, Andrew Galloway, Roy Walton, Jerry Sadowitz, Bob Read, Peter Duffie, Patrick Page, Tamariz, Tommy Wonder (Jos Bema), Gaeton Bloom, Larry Jennings… and on and on. In addition to publishing some of the best close-up magic of the day… there are some great write-ups of magic acts and conventions in the 1970s. If you’re into close-up magic or want a walk down memory lane and relive the close-up magic scene of the day , this is by far the highlight of the haul.

First 4 quarterly issues of Antinomy Magazine from 2005. Effects and essays by Rick Merrill, Kosta Kimlat, Jamy Ian Swiss, Dean Dill, John Racherbaumer, Nathan Kranzo, and many others. Issues are being offered on some magic site for $20/each. You get ‘em free thanks to my laziness.

4 issues of Mr. Gadfly Magazine published by Aaron Smith. Devoted to close-up card magic, there are effects from Jason England, Brother John Hamman, Steve Reynolds, Wesley James, JK Hartman, Ben Harris, Lee Asher and many others.

4 issues of The Talon Magazine. A small magazine devoted to close-up magic
published/written by David Britland and Stephen Tucker.

The first 7 issues of AM/PM Magazine by Tom Cutts.

A complete file (18 issues) of Hocus Pocus Magazine. A New York-centric general magic magazine. If you grew up in NY/NJ in the 70s/80s… this will be a fun read. But also has some surprisingly good magic hidden away in an issue or two. The highlights for me are the long interviews with David Roth and Frank Garcia.

PLUS… As I clean out the bookcase, I’ll be throwing in lecture notes, pamphlets, etc.

If you want everything and can pick up or meet here in Vegas, text me and we’ll arrange something.

James Demas
1004 Vegas Valley Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89109
James @ Demas . com (no spaces)
239 – 405 - 0136

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”