Items to be Offered at Magic Castle Swap Meet

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Joe S.

Items to be Offered at Magic Castle Swap Meet

Postby Joe S. » April 16th, 2022, 1:48 pm

Hello,

I will be offering many fine items from my magic collection at the Magic Castle Swap Meet being held on April 23, 2022. This posting is to let people know about a portion of the items to be offered, including books, tricks, props, videos, memorabilia, and grab bags. The list below includes just some of those items for your information. Many other tricks, props, and videos will be offered. My tables will be located in my usual spot right next to the Magic Castle library door.

The Swap Meet asking prices for all items will be very low. My desire is to transfer these items into the possession of new owners, including magicians, magic enthusiasts, and magic collectors. Please stop by my tables to inspect the offered items and view the quite low asking prices!

For potential purchasers, please note that I’m only able to accept cash - - no checks, credit or debit cards, or PayPal. Sorry!

Thanks for viewing. I hope to see you at the Swap Meet!

Joe Srour

Books

Gambling Sleight of Hand (2 volumes) - - Steve Forte (2020) First edition, first printing, mint with signed card from Forte.

Sleights and Insights - John Carney (2020). Deluxe collector’s edition, #48 of 125. Mint condition – this edition is no longer available. Signed. Tipped-in painting of Carney.

Miracles of My Friends, volume I - - Burton S. Sperber. Mint condition (#625 of 750); signed by Sperber, hard to find.

Slydini Encores - - Leon Nathanson, M.D. (1966). Inscribed by Slydini to Maury (Maurice Scharman)

Brent Braun’s Torched and Restored Revisited (Matthew Bennett / Brent Braun (2009) - - instruction booklet - #36 / 100. Selected, signed card is torn and burned then restored.

Tricks and Props

Mental Die (White) - Tony Anverdi. Mint condition - unopened

Mental Dice (Tony Anverdi). Box opened but trick is unused.

Rice’s Deluxe Clown Blendo: Silk King Studios, Item #384. Mint condition - - collector’s item!

Color Changing Knives - David Regal - mint condition, unused. Includes belt-mounting pouch / holder for knives

The Trojan Deck - Joshua Jay; unused – mint condition

Gravity Invisible Thread Reel - Joao Miranda (2021). Unopened / unused. Complete kit, including gravity reel, toe switch, reel holder, 150 ft. of refill thread, refill tack.

Mikame Craft Hopping Table Top - mint condition - unused. Includes magic wand and holders for cards and coins.

Shade (Bill to Sunglasses) - Jeki Yoo (2022). Instantly change a $100 bill into sunglasses. Box opened but trick is unused.

Symphony Coins (U.S. Eisenhower Dollars) - RPR Magic Innovations. Produce four coins, one at a time, from empty hands, and other coin magic options. Mint condition, unused.

Tractor Beam (John Kennedy). Make objects move with a laser pointer. Mint condition - - unopened / unused.

Quantum (Calen Morelli). Sharpie visually melts through a playing card. Unopened / unused.

Mikame Craft Card Case. Mint condition - unused

Watch This (Rex) - Playing card changes instantly into a wrist watch. Box opened but trick is unused.

The Floating Deck (Tim Spinosa). Deck of cards floats under a silk (like Zombie). Box opened but trick is unused.

Steam 2.0 - Ali Nouira and Paul Harris Presents (2021) - mint condition - unused. Full kit, including complete original trick, refill pens, refill envelopes, refill cards, refill pad.

Deep Astonishment (Paul Harris and Rodney Whitlock) - Mint condition - unused. Complete kit, including: original Deep Astonishment (2 each), Deep Astonishment II, Deep Astonishment Gourmet Wallet, and many performance tips.

Foldable Close-Up Mat (David Gatti) - Can be produced in a flash! Used lightly.

Dingle’s Double Deception (Derek Dingle, 1970’s) - Half dollar appears between two selected cards, then visibly penetrates a drinking glass, then penetrates a full deck into the glass. Unused - collector’s item!

Paul Harris Presents: Slide (De’Mon and Titanas) - Signed torn card comes to life by visibly restoring itself. Mint condition - unopened / unused. Includes refills.

Deluxe magic grab bags (like those pioneered by Paul Gross at Swap Meet!) containing numerous fine tricks and props

Videos

Thoughts on Cards (VHS - 2 volumes) - Larry Jennings (1995). Collectors Special Edition, #48 of 100. Incudes signed photo of Jennings at Castle & letter from Jennings (4/28/95).

Memorabilia

Dai Vernon Commemorative Coins (1976). One gold and one silver.

A Tribute to Siegfried and Roy at the London Palladium, September 28, 2008. Only 175 commemorative sets made.

Joe S.

Re: Items to be Offered at Magic Castle Swap Meet

Postby Joe S. » April 18th, 2022, 2:08 pm

Hello again,

Here is an additional listing of a few more of the many items I will be offering at the Swap Meet this Saturday (4/23/22):

The Expert at the Classic Pass (DVD) - - Fujii Akira (2020)

Virtuoso (DVD), Topas (2019) - - 4-disc set - unopened -

Thin Air - - Ignacio Lopez (2022) - -Utility device to produce, vanish, or exchange objects. Box opened but trick is unused.

Several types of collectible decks of cards (unopened), such as Star Wars, The Mandelorian, and James Bond 007.

John Cornelius Memorabilia Package - - includes 3 Items: Lecture Notes #1; Rising Business Card (case and holder); and Linking Ring Magazine (April 1992) with Cornelius on the cover.

Rice’s Simplex Dye Tube - Silk King Studios, Item #248. Mint condition - - collector’s item!

Tornimation (Menny Lindenfeld) - - Signed card is torn and restored, then animates and glides. Opened but trick is mint / unused.

Icarus (Christian Grace) - - mid-air restoration of a torn playing card. Box is opened but trick is unused.

Autoreverse (Mickael Chatelain) - - single playing card is folded into quarters, then reverses itself instantly (plus more card-warp-like effects with one card). Mint condition - - opened but unused.

Houdini Water Torture Illusion - - full-scale model. Mint condition, unused.

Kainoa on Coins – Inferential (Kainoa Harbottle) - - DVD plus copper/silver coins. Mint condition - - unused.

Changeable Handkerchief (Yuji Yamamoto) - - Two silks (white and blue) are tied and then change to a striped silk. The ends are tied then stretched to produce a circle of ten silks. Unused / mint product from Japan.

Reconfigurable / Customizable Close-Up Carrying Case - - unused / mint

By the way, clearly, the Houdini item is just my attempt at humor and a check on whether you’re reading this post carefully!

Thanks for viewing. Hope to see you at the Swap Meet! (Reminder - - I can only accept CASH.)

Joe Srour

Joe S.

Re: Items to be Offered at Magic Castle Swap Meet

Postby Joe S. » April 22nd, 2022, 11:59 am

As a final reminder, I invite people who will be at the Magic Castle Swap Meet tomorrow to visit my table and view the many fine items being offered at bargain prices. My location will be across the room from the Library Bar and along the wall right next to the Castle Library entrance. Of potential interest are the premium grab bags being offered at $20 each. Each grab bag will contain 5 or 6 items consisting mainly of unused tricks and props. The total value of each grab bag is much greater than the asking price. First come, first served. See you there!

Joe

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”