FOR SALE: Slow Dance (Craft Pine model, brand new condition) optical illusion frame by Wonder Machines

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
DaBomba2m
Favorite Magician: René Lavand

FOR SALE: Slow Dance (Craft Pine model, brand new condition) optical illusion frame by Wonder Machines

Postby DaBomba2m » August 5th, 2021, 11:16 am

Hello everyone,

I'm selling a brand new, unopened and never used Slow Dance frame by Wonder Machines.

This is the not-available-anymore (sold out) Craft Pine model, listed at a retail price of $399 when it was still available.

See the official retailler page here: https://global.wondermachines.com/products/slow-dance

The price for this item is $250 + shipping ($19 to anywhere in the world, and it happens to cost more, i'll put the rest on me).

Please feel free to PM for any other informations or pictures, i'll be glad to help.

M. Fabien Gautier
29 Chemin rural de la Frayère
06150 Cannes
FRANCE

fabbien@gmail.com
+33623855706

Cheers to all,
Fabien.

DaBomba2m
Favorite Magician: René Lavand

Re: FOR SALE: Slow Dance (Craft Pine model, brand new condition) optical illusion frame by Wonder Machines

Postby DaBomba2m » August 16th, 2021, 8:02 am

SOLD.
Thanks.

Bill Mullins

Re: FOR SALE: Slow Dance (Craft Pine model, brand new condition) optical illusion frame by Wonder Machines

Postby Bill Mullins » August 17th, 2021, 5:31 pm

I was not familiar with this.

The linked web page says that ""Slow dance” is a picture frame that makes real objects appear to move in slow motion."

The stop-motion pictures below, though, show actual movement.

Can you describe what it does with a little more specificity?

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » August 17th, 2021, 5:42 pm

It’s a strobe light in the frame and the object is on a vibrating base. Depending on the setting it creates different effects

It can look like a feather is slowly oscillating as if being blown by a slow motion breeze. It can look like you are seeing double vision of two feathers kind of occupying the same space at the same time. Or it can look like an old time jerky movie with feather feather moving back and forth in discrete ‘steps’

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » August 18th, 2021, 12:39 pm

Thanks.

Tom Frame
Favorite Magician: Del Ray

Postby Tom Frame » August 18th, 2021, 4:00 pm

The videos are amazing. This is a stunning, psychedelic work of art.

Despite the purported price, I ordered a new one for $64. I look forward to receiving it.

RevRob
Favorite Magician: Tommy Wonder

Postby RevRob » August 18th, 2021, 4:36 pm

I found one for around $64, presumably a knockoff, when this first came out and Theory 11 was selling it. It's made of pine and it is cool, but it does make a vibrating noise, and some of the wiring broke right away, again, presumably because it is of lesser quality. I don't have a $400 version to compare it to. (The breakage hasn't affected its working, by the way.) From reviews I've read, the full-price version makes the same vibrating/buzzing noise, and given that I would have been chagrined had I spent that kind of money. As a result, I tend not to turn it on too much. I glued a felt pad under its base, which dulls the buzz but not enough.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » August 18th, 2021, 4:40 pm

A lot of these Kickstarter originating projects get knocked off by other companies. Did you get it from the slow motion people or some other site? If so, keep a good record as some of those sites just don’t ever deliver. Good luck though. It’s a fun piece.

Tom Frame
Favorite Magician: Del Ray

Postby Tom Frame » August 28th, 2021, 6:58 am

I received my Slow Dance frame yesterday. It is phantasmagorical! I love it!

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”