Looking for a Walking Liberty CSB set

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
victoroftheapes

Looking for a Walking Liberty CSB set

Postby victoroftheapes » July 28th, 2021, 3:31 pm

Hello all,
I'm looking for a Walking Liberty Copper Silver Brass Set. Does anyone have one they'd be willing to part with?
I'm in Los Angeles.
Email: Danshererphd@gmail.com

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Looking for a Walking Liberty CSB set

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 28th, 2021, 4:57 pm

"Victor of the Apes"? Please enlighten me. :)
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

victoroftheapes

Postby victoroftheapes » July 28th, 2021, 5:00 pm

Honestly, it's been so long since i started using it, I have no idea. I was briefly (and totally inexplicably) called "Victor" in middle school for a time, though why "of the Apes" was there appended has been lost to the ages, I fear.

chetday
Favorite Magician: Jon Racherbaumer

Postby chetday » July 29th, 2021, 9:21 am

I may be wrong since it's been a LOT of years since I read all 24 of the Tarzan of the Apes novels, but what's left of my memory was immediately jogged when I saw your handle. So, if you read any of the Tarzan series as a kid and if my vague recollection of there being a character named Victor in at least one of the books, that may be the explanation. Then again, I may be totally wrong.

With that said, one thing I know for sure: I have no idea why you were called Victor in that horrid rite of passage we Americans endure called middle school.

Leo Garet
Favorite Magician: Nobody In Particular

Postby Leo Garet » July 29th, 2021, 11:27 am

chetday wrote:With that said, one thing I know for sure: I have no idea why you were called Victor in that horrid rite of passage we Americans endure called middle school.

Where I live everybody had a nickname of some sort long before schooldays, some fairly obvious, any number incomprehensibly obscure.

School tended to produce its own stream of "originality".

One so-called teacher had the vile habit of giving "funny" names to pupils. A close friend of mine (at the time) he tried to burden with Toad.

One day he said something to the effect: "What do you think of that, Toad." No response. Twice more he tried, on the third, he did get a response. "My name is Ken".

The moron threw a chalkboard eraser/duster across the room. It hit Ken on the shoulder, leaving a hefty deposit of chalk dust.

Ken picked up the missile and threw it back. Direct hit, middle of the chest.

No more nicknames. The moron went on to become head of a school about 10 miles away.

Happy Days.

Joe Lyons
Favorite Magician: Wonder

Postby Joe Lyons » July 29th, 2021, 12:15 pm

chetday wrote: horrid rite of passage we Americans endure called middle school.

Ah the horrors of middle school.

Created more nascent magicians than Wilson, Henning, Copperfield and Blaine put together.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”