WTB: Dove Magic Items

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
JimKane
Favorite Magician: Shimada

WTB: Dove Magic Items

Postby JimKane » June 16th, 2021, 12:23 pm

Looking to buy all manner of your used, new, vintage, or otherwise unwanted Dove Magic related items [e.g.: Bags, Harnesses, Pockets, Props, Gimmicks, Instruction Sheets, Lecture Notes, Books, Booklets, DVD/VHS, What-Have-You]. If it's related to dove-work, please PM your list with asking price. Thanks.

rpmagicshop
Favorite Magician: Michael Ammar

Re: WTB: Dove Magic Items

Postby rpmagicshop » June 16th, 2021, 7:33 pm

Hi, I have some dove harness items at my shop.
Rich at RPMagic
413-547-6500

JimKane

Postby JimKane » June 17th, 2021, 4:30 pm

Rich,

Thanks for the great deal. I'm glad we could get together on your items; and, I'll be adding your RPMagic website to my list of sites to prowl for a square deal on some great props; and the books were a surprise bonus. Keep me on your preferred customer contact list if you would please for when you have other Dove related items roll into your shop, or, New-Old-Stock hanging around too long. - Jim

Okay guys, where are the rest of you?

I know you're out there. Time to go digging into those boxes, trunks, and dresser drawers for the Dove Magic items you're no longer using.

JimKane

Postby JimKane » July 16th, 2021, 1:07 pm

Fantasma Steve, Thank you for your very generous deal on the big lot of some really great dove props, harnesses, and gimmicks. If you should find anything else dove/cane/candle-related hiding in the store basement, please get back in touch with me, as I'm always on the look-out for more. - Jim

JimKane

Postby JimKane » August 16th, 2021, 3:52 am

Joseph Gabriel, thanks for everything so far, I really appreciate it!

And please, if you find the time to dig-up your copy of Tony Spina's Ultimatic Dove Release bag from Tannen's for me, please let me know. I'm dying to compare one of these side-by-side to another dove bag in my collection which uses a very similar release method/concept from Mephisto-Huis. It totally kills me today that I never bought a copy of Tony's Ultimatic dove bag from him at Tannen's back in the late 80s; and, it's driving me nuts. Thanks again! - Jim

JimKane

Postby JimKane » September 16th, 2021, 11:50 am

James Dimmare, The Dove Whisperer, thank you so much for the amazing deal on the videos and invisible dove harnesses; great stuff!

Adrian Harris, Perthshire's Mr. Magic, I can't thank you enough for vastly expanding my collection of unique and vintage dove bags and dove effects. You certainly are a treasure trove of vintage magic items.

Okay you other guys, please keep PM'ing and letting me know what unused/unwanted dove items you have kicking around and are willing to sell. Also, I'm still trying to complete and fill-in the missing General Grant items I need - especially, the General Grant Single Tier No-Drag Dove Pocket.

Thanks again! - Jim

JimKane

Postby JimKane » November 24th, 2021, 5:07 am

Greg Bordner of Abbotts, thanks for hooking me up with the General Grant Single Tier Dove Pocket; and, for the Invisible Dove Harnesses.

Okay Guys, I'm still looking for more Dove Magic; keep those PM's coming with what you have that you are willing to sell.

Thanks! - Jim

MagicUnlimited
Favorite Magician: Johnny Thompson

Postby MagicUnlimited » December 6th, 2021, 11:43 am

I have an old dove bag I don't use. In good condition (Red). Interested?

JimKane

Postby JimKane » December 8th, 2021, 4:24 am

MagicUnlimited wrote:I have an old dove bag I don't use. In good condition (Red). Interested?

Quite possibly.

If you will PM me the details and a couple of pics of what you have; then, I will definitely take a look and get back to you.

Thanks - Jim

MagicUnlimited

Postby MagicUnlimited » December 9th, 2021, 12:32 am

Dear Jim:
Can't upload photos here. If you send me your email address I'll send you the photos.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 9th, 2021, 11:50 am

You can upload photos here using IMGUR.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

MagicUnlimited

Postby MagicUnlimited » December 9th, 2021, 12:24 pm

Dear Richard:

Thank you for your reply. Spent over an hour on the site trying to figure out how to upload a photo. IMGUR probably stands for something. Is it a secret code?

If there is any way to upload photos, I would really love to figure it out without spening another hour spinning my wheels. There is an "IMG" button on the user control panel. When I click on it the 3 letters "IMG" appear. No way to browse to attach an image.

Do you happen to know where on the site the IMGUR feature is located?

Any suggestions/hints/clues would be gratefully appreciated.
Many thanks.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 9th, 2021, 7:22 pm

Sorry, I don't have the time to take you through it step by step. Perhaps there's a YouTube video explaining it?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

JimKane

Postby JimKane » December 14th, 2021, 11:00 am

MagicUnlimited wrote:Dear Jim:
Can't upload photos here. If you send me your email address I'll send you the photos.

PM sent to you here, with my regular email enclosed; thanks. - Jim

JimKane

Postby JimKane » March 2nd, 2022, 12:59 pm

Rick Fisher, thanks for the 'FAB'ulous deal on the vintage Johnny Brown Dove Production Invisible Harnesses, pockets, and the manuscript by 'The Elders'; and, for providing me with such great customer service and attention to detail.

Hey Gang,

In addition to my regular call-out for your no-longer-wanted dove/cane/candle stage magic, I'm also looking to buy:

1. General Grant's book, Lecture #3: 'SMOOTH AS SILK';

and,

2. 'Sam Berland's THIMBLE ACT', by D.Robbin's House of EZ Magic; complete w/instruction sheet, wooden thimbles, and all gimmicks. No box = No problem.

Please PM me here, if you have a copy of either item to sell.

Thanks - Jim

JimKane

Postby JimKane » April 16th, 2022, 6:15 pm

Thanks to James Schey, for the General Grant: "Ribbons to Dove" bag, full ribbon set and metal tip; and, all the extra goodies he threw-in.

Also, Rick Fischer, for the General Grant 3.5" Zombie Ball with the GG-style specialty recess, and, the GG two-finger gimmick (in my size, no less!);

And,

Extra amazing kudos to, "he, who shall remain ever-unnamed", for selling me his very well-used 1970s-era machined metal "Lightning Silk Production" hand-gimmick - not the plastic version - which I had only ever seen documented in a not so accurately hand-drawn picture in Adairs' Encyclopedia of Dove Magic: Volume II. - THANK YOU ONE & ALL!

Okay guys, I'm still on the lookout for more "Stage Stuff". Let me know what you have and what you are willing to sell... Dove, Silk, Cane, Candle, Fire, Manipulation, Gimmicks, etc, etc, etc. If it's for Stage Magic, I might be looking for what's in the bottom of your closet. I'm still looking for a copy of: General Grant's book, Lecture #3: 'SMOOTH AS SILK'.

Thanks again. - Jim

JimKane

Postby JimKane » May 17th, 2022, 6:29 pm

WOW... Last month was exceptionally fruit-bearing in terms of big volume and I thank everyone who dusted-off their unused Dove and Stage Magic items and made them available to me for sale.

It must have been 'Spring Cleaning Month', or something!

However, amongst all the great acquisitions, the big 'recoveries' were two-fold:

1) A mint, unused Supreme Magic 'Double Dove Production' outfit with the silks, bags, pockets, original envelope and multi-page instruction sheet. One trip in the sink of gentle hand-washing with baby shampoo and hit with a warm iron, and those beautiful 50 year old silks sprang back to life with a sheen and depth of color we don't often see today. - I believe they are 10 or 12 Momme ;

and,

2) The other item which had been a HUGE thorn in my Collector side was finally removed, with the acquisition of a Simplex 'Invisible Dove Harness', by Jim Rainho; again, 100% complete, with the original packaging, instructions, and the secondary gimmick for e-z loading (which you rarely see). When I was a teenager in the 70s, the Jimmy Rainho Simplex IDH, was literally everywhere; and, for a collector who has specimens of 'almost' everyone's bag, harness, or pocket from nearly every magician and dealer you've heard of - and never heard of - in my collection, NOT having one single example of the single most common and prolific bare-hand harness available back in the day was driving me nuts! I had even talked to Jim on the phone last year, begging him to look in the bottom of his sock drawer for one... but, no such animal was located in the dark forest.

Being as we are all Collectors, I'm sure you all understand why I am a bit verbose this month, and, doing the 'Happy Collector's Dance' - which is thanks to all of you who dug deep and dusted off that unused old stage magic.

Okay. Still looking for:

1. General Grant's 'Smooth as Silk' Lecture #3 book;

and,

2. Creekmore Dancing Cane;

and,

3. Firebowl (any maker; Glass or Spun metal)

Thanks, gang; and keep those PM's coming!
Jim

jtosterloh

Postby jtosterloh » May 20th, 2022, 11:46 pm

Hi Jim,

I'm reading your last post just as I'm about to head out of town. I have a few fire bowls that I would be willing to part with but I will need to dig them out of boxes to get pictures for you. I'll send you a PM when I'm back.

--John

JimKane

Postby JimKane » May 21st, 2022, 2:18 am

Sounds good, John.

Thank-you.

- Jim

jtosterloh

Postby jtosterloh » June 7th, 2022, 3:21 pm

Hi Jim,

I was able to dig this fire bowl out of storage. The first two pictures are of the apparatus in "closed" position (after the lid has swung closed). The third picture is the item turned upside down. The fourth picture is the lid in open position, being held by a bent paper clip. There is no catch to hold the lid in open position. Since I did not receive any instructions with the item, I assume it has to be used as an "opener" where you would come out with it loaded, in open position being held by the thumb? The fifth and sixth pictures are of the hidden compartment where the batteries would go and the wiring in the sealed compartment. I have not been able to find any marking(s) to indicate who the manufacture might have been. If I can answer any more questions for you regarding the item, please let me know. Link to the IMGUR site with pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/kwKRac4

Best Regards,
--John

JimKane

Postby JimKane » June 7th, 2022, 6:14 pm

Thanks, John; PM'ing you now.
- Jim

JimKane

Postby JimKane » July 24th, 2022, 10:38 pm

Hey Gang, great month!

Special thanks to Dan Bradbury for selling me his copy of General Grant's 'Smooth as Silk'; and, to Russ Levine for the super deal on the Fire Bowl. Nothing satisfies me more than FINALLY getting that last needed book to complete an author's series work and into my magic library. Also, of special note, was acquiring an absolutely mint GEM PRODUCTIONS (John D. Pomeroy) Dove Bag/Holder and Pocket. I knew John's book, 'Dove, Silk & Flower Magic'; and of course, GEM PRODS, but never knew he made these back in the day. I'm so happy to add this dove bag to my vast collection of samples of various dove dags, harnesses, holders, and pockets. Thanks again guys!

Okay... Still looking for a Creekmore Dancing Cane, and does anyone have a line on the 3 Jack Hughes World of Magic Books (asking for a friend) ?

Thanks, and keep those PM's with your unused dove/stage magic coming!
- Jim

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”