Rare Magic Books & Props Auction - Brad Holbrook's Estate

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Christopher1979
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay, Dai Vernon, Darwin Ortiz, Ed Marlo

Rare Magic Books & Props Auction - Brad Holbrook's Estate

Postby Christopher1979 » May 10th, 2021, 3:09 pm

Hi all,

I hope you are all keeping well.

Just to let you know that our Magic book & Prop Auction is now live for pre-bidding.

This collection was part of the Brad Holbrook Estate -

Brad Holbrook's passion in life was the performance of the Magical Arts. As an award-winning close-up magician, he entertained thousands, including as a performing member of The Magic Castle in Hollywood. Holbrook was well known and respected in the underground magic scene.

Here is a link -https://www.invaluable.com/catalog/c48lgc8at2

As always if you have any questions please feel free to contact us at magic@regencyantiquebooks.com or of course you can PM me here. :)

Take care guys!

Chris
Auctions & Consignment for Historic Memorabilia and Collectibles
https://www.britannicauctions.com/magic-collectibles/

Brett McCarron
Favorite Magician: Robert A. Nelson

Re: Rare Magic Books & Props Auction - Brad Holbrook's Estate

Postby Brett McCarron » May 11th, 2021, 10:03 am

Thank you for including cover photos of the individual titles in the book lots. Other auction programs don't bother to do this and the final prices suffer (I guess it depends on which side of the gavel you're on).
Hi, I'm B.W. McCarron, author of Kara's Crystal Visions; Clearly Mental; Seers, Psychics, Sinners and Salesmen; The Gambling Magician, etc.

pabloin us

Postby pabloin us » May 13th, 2021, 10:11 am

Hi Chris, interesting books. I have not bought from you before, so to understand the rules
1) 23% Buyer fees, that's it means that if I won a book with a $100 bid, I will pay $123 ?
2) Shipping, I am a really concern that shipping/handling cost will be only known at the end and at your solely decision. What is the shipping cost is outrageous against the price of the book? Can at this time declined the purchase? Do you have average shipping cost from previous auctions as a reference, for big books like Benson or Hillard or medium size like Books of Secrets ?

Thank you
Pablo

Christopher1979

Postby Christopher1979 » May 13th, 2021, 11:55 am

Hi all, I didn't really want to answer here as I didn't want to "bump up" my ad unfairly.

Brett - Thank you for your kind words!

Pablo, yes, that is how it works regarding buyers' fees. Shipping is done in-house and we do try and keep costs down as I am very aware of how expensive it can be when paying for shipping and a decent deal can soon turn into a bad one.

However, this does depend on location so if you have any questions please send us a direct email at magic@regencyantiquebooks.com

Sames goes for any other question please refrain from asking here and contact me directly.

All the very best

Chris

Robert77

Postby Robert77 » May 18th, 2021, 7:27 pm

There's some interesting stuff in there, including what seems to be one of the 50 sets of machined stainless Paul Fox cups by Busby. Can't quite tell for sure since there's no photo of the PF logo that's mentioned.

Christopher1979

Postby Christopher1979 » May 18th, 2021, 7:52 pm

Robert - Photo added of PF logo. Thanks for your interest.

Chris

Robert77

Postby Robert77 » May 18th, 2021, 9:00 pm

Christopher1979 wrote:Robert - Photo added of PF logo. Thanks for your interest.

Chris

Yep that's one of the Busby sets, each cup machined from a solid block of stainless steel. Un-dentable and will quite literally outlive us and many future generations. The photo also shows the flat interior cut 'bottom', different from spun cups. Because of this these cups work best with the 7/8" Mike Rodgers baseballs; 1" balls can't put 3 on top of a cup in a nest. However when you tip the cup over on a final load ball, the appearance of the large ball from the squatty cup is impressive. I know these are very close to the older spun PF cups in size...but I remember when I got them and was running through the Vernon routine and tipped the final cups over. Even though I'd loaded the cups it still surprised me. Maybe it's due to the chrome colored metal...I'm not sure.

I bought one of the last of the sets from Busy back in the day. Even though one can't put 3 1" balls in the Attic, I'd be hard pressed to get rid of mine until I'm on my deathbed. I'm near certain only 50 sets were ever made.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”