84 Years of Magic Magazines!

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
MagicEstate
Favorite Magician: Ken Krenzel

84 Years of Magic Magazines!

Postby MagicEstate » March 4th, 2021, 7:15 pm

Hi everyone -

I am sorting through the magazine collection of the late Ken Krenzel, a close family friend. His vast collection contains magazines dating back to 1937, including Magigram, Gen, Genii, MUM, The Magic Magazine, The Sphinx, Magic, Tops, Magic Manuscript and The Linking Ring.

Most have been in his garage for the last several years, as his wife moved them there after his death. Some are dusty and have a musty odor from sitting in the plastic tubs on the garage shelving (others just smell old, really). Most are in good shape physically. There are some very old copies that are deteriorating. But, it is quite a collection for someone who wants to air them out with a little sunshine and marvel at the history.

A couple of people have expressed interest in specific issues. I am open to selling them by individual issue or by lot. As they are not in prime condition, reasonable offers will be accepted. It's been a lot of work to gather and sort these, but I felt it would be a bit of a travesty to throw them all out. So much history here.

Here is a link to see some of the photos. If you are interested in them, please contact me at liznyny@aol.com. The magazines are located in Queens, NY. Thanks!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/192358136@N02/TP1N07

pilotpete

Re: 84 Years of Magic Magazines!

Postby pilotpete » March 11th, 2021, 8:57 am

Emailed you a couple of days ago. Please check.

Pete

pilotpete

Postby pilotpete » March 16th, 2021, 4:54 pm

Has ANYONE been able to establish contat with this person. The mags in the pics look real enough but I've had no reply to email nor a post here - no other replies here either by the look of things. No snail mail address so my pigeon/snail would have trouble finding it.

Curioser and curioser as Alice would say.

Pete

JustinM
Favorite Magician: Mike and 40.... The rest are dead!

Postby JustinM » March 16th, 2021, 9:38 pm

They posted an ebay link a while ago. I was able to successfully contact them through there...
Maybe try this link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/bromptonnyc/m. ... pg=&_from=

pilotpete

Postby pilotpete » March 17th, 2021, 7:05 am

Hi Justin. Thanks for that. I'm close but no cigar. Google tells me that Ebay says 'We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us.'.

My luddite core is showing through - any ideas what I'm doing wrong as I have a genuine purchase order for them.
Is that the complete link that you've given me or should I be adding or removing some of it. Pete

JustinM
Favorite Magician: Mike and 40.... The rest are dead!

Postby JustinM » March 17th, 2021, 8:47 am

The link does work. I was posting it, so you could try and message the seller.
I don't think she ships internationally, so for me i can't see what's listed on her page because of that..
Her username on ebay is bromptonnyc

pilotpete

Postby pilotpete » March 17th, 2021, 10:20 am

Thanks J,

I'll try to get hold of her that way. I have a mate in Boston who travels (eventually) to Cyprus quite often so they could be sent there and I'll continue to be patient.

Best, Pete ;)

pilotpete

Postby pilotpete » March 17th, 2021, 2:52 pm

Hi J,

Now in contact with Liz. Thanks very much for your help.

Pete

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”