Joker Joker

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Yves Tourigny

Joker Joker

Postby Yves Tourigny » January 11th, 2019, 7:25 am

I'm looking for Joker Joker be Gordon Bean. Is there anyone willing to part with it?

Yves

Tom Gilbert

Re: Joker Joker

Postby Tom Gilbert » January 11th, 2019, 9:14 am

Trying to remember, is this the wild card type effect?

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » January 11th, 2019, 11:10 am

There is a dealer out of the UK that apparently sells it, although it is currently "out of stock." They have a "notify me" button which they say they will notify you when back in stock if you click on it - and presumably enter your email. Here's the link the dealer's site and the trick:

https://www.magicshop.co.uk/joker-joker ... bean-trick

Tom, the wild card effect you are thinking of with jokers is probably Eric DeCamps' "The Joker is Wild."
My understanding of the "Joker Joker" trick is that it is a self-worker, where the magician openly removes a joker from the deck. He/she then offers to let the spectator find the other joker. The spec deals cards face down until stopping, and finds the joker there.

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » January 11th, 2019, 10:08 pm

Familiar with Eric's effect, the Bean trick I was thinking of was Jinks...

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » January 12th, 2019, 9:05 am

For a while there when Gordon was the librarian at the Magic Castle, he released a number of packet style effects. Most or all were fantastic, and I snatched them up each time he released a new one. Mr. Bean is a devious fellow.

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » January 14th, 2019, 10:08 am

I agree, Leonard - his stuff is great, and yes, quite devious. Take Entourage, for example. Although Eugene Burger called Brainwave the greatest packet trick of the 20th century, and notwithstanding the popularity of Twisted Sisters (it is good, and many argue stronger than Brainwave), IMHO, Entourage has them both beat. No forces or magician's choice. Just an immediate, direct, totally fair-appearing revelation. Not to mention immediately repeatable with a different selection if you are so inclined, although I am on the fence whether that might bring undue heat on the cards that wasn't there after performing it once.

Anyhow, this is my favorite presentation of it that I've seen on video, and the cleanest most straightforward handling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgQCRkTE7Io

I have debated whether I would do a clean-up with some kind of count or display at the end...

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”