Purse Frames

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Bill Mullins

Purse Frames

Postby Bill Mullins » July 25th, 2018, 3:41 pm

All the purse frames you could want.

(not mine, I've got no interest in this, just thought someone might could use the information)

erdnasephile

Re: purse frames

Postby erdnasephile » July 25th, 2018, 7:57 pm

Thanks, Bill!

(What I'd really like to find is a supplier of a long sock purse)

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » July 25th, 2018, 8:38 pm

I'd love to have a purse frame like the one Roger Klause used to own. It was given to him by Fred Kaps and I believe Klause gave that frame to John Carney. You can see photos of that purse frame in the pages of Roger Klause In Concert.

Brad Jeffers

Postby Brad Jeffers » July 26th, 2018, 12:26 am

I was just recently looking around for a good purse frame and ended up buying 5 of THESE.
I was very pleased.
I like the way they look, and the quality is a notch above those I've purchased from magic dealers in the past.

Jack Shalom

Postby Jack Shalom » July 26th, 2018, 1:08 am

I get the clever fun that can be done with them, but really, does anyone under the age of 60 have any idea what they are? And if they do, do they think it is strange for a male magician to be carrying one around with him?

Next up, magic with spats?

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » July 26th, 2018, 11:53 am

Brad Jeffers wrote:I was just recently looking around for a good purse frame and ended up buying 5 of THESE.

Brad, glad to see that you have the wit to buy extras as spares. Far too many magicians assume that a prop they use regularly will always be available.

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » July 26th, 2018, 8:14 pm

Jack Shalom wrote:I get the clever fun that can be done with them, but really, does anyone under the age of 60 have any idea what they are? And if they do, do they think it is strange for a male magician to be carrying one around with him?

Yes--young people today recognize coin purses and possibly the frames as well.

Jeffrey Cowan
Favorite Magician: Bob Kohler & Tim Conover

Postby Jeffrey Cowan » July 26th, 2018, 8:44 pm

Anyone know someone who can attach soft leather on one of these purse frames so that it is a real purse that would match an empty frame? I have no idea what kind of crafts/trades person to approach? [I'm trying to create a matching set; the purse frame from the set I've been using for 30 years wore out a few years ago.]
-- Jeffrey Cowan
www.cowan-law.com

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » July 26th, 2018, 9:59 pm

Jeffrey Cowan wrote:Anyone know someone who can attach soft leather on one of these purse frames so that it is a real purse that would match an empty frame? I have no idea what kind of crafts/trades person to approach? [I'm trying to create a matching set; the purse frame from the set I've been using for 30 years wore out a few years ago.]

I'd be willing to bet Tony Milller of RFA Productions has the skills to do it--he's a wizard with leather, a superb craftsman, and a heck of a nice guy. http://rfaproductions.com

Frank at http://www.theambitiouscard.com is also very handy with bags of all kinds.

performer

Re: Purse Frames

Postby performer » July 26th, 2018, 11:05 pm

Danny Hustle is pretty good with leather as is James Munton. Either of them would probably do a good job of it, I imagine.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”