Parlour Tricks by Jenzo Harmonics

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Jenzo

Parlour Tricks by Jenzo Harmonics

Postby Jenzo » June 19th, 2018, 3:16 am

Jenzo Harmonics - #6 CO1 2UR UK - 07764487650 - pnuk@hotmail.com

Greetings!

I have something new to share with you all. I started a while ago on my mini ghost puzzle effect. I actually put that on hold as I was also working on a couple of other ideas too. I have now finished all three to a stage I feel is ready to share. I have taken three of Tenyo’s plus one effects and given them a magical makeover, taking them all back in time to the Victorian era. All three have had the graphics completely redesigned from scratch and have also been made in wood. I have come up with a couple of new ways to ‘age’ the wood without weakening it to give a truly authentic look. The three effects are:

Ghost Puzzle, Mind Roulette and Telephone Telepathy.
All three are great concepts and clever methods. They are also pretty tricky to get hold of (and relatively expensive). Another downside of the originals is being made of card makes them prone to damage; in particular Telephone Telepathy comes in a pad that you tear chunks off of!
The three effects can be seen in the photos below:

Ghost Puzzle :
Effect: A small wooden box containing a four-piece puzzle is shown. The puzzle has 10 ghosts etched into the wood. Following the magician’s instructions, one of the 10 ghosts is chosen and the pieces are tipped out onto the table. When the pieces are reassembled it can be seen that the selected ghost has disappeared! The baffling thing about this effect is that at the beginning and end the puzzle is shown to fit perfectly in the box, despite the fact that an entire piece has seemingly gone missing.
This version has a new, less cartoony aesthetic with more lifelike ghosts engraved over a graveyard background. It also comes self-contained in its own box.

Telephone Telepathy :
Effect: You present your spectator with a wooden board containing a selection of symbols and four removable wooden tiles. The first tile is placed at the start and the other three are handed to the spectator to shuffle. Each of the three remaining tiles has a different number printed on the front and reverse. The spectator moves around the board by using the numbers printed on either side of the tiles. Once they land on their final space, it is revealed that their selection was predicted in an impossible way.
Now called ‘Mystic Oracle’ it again has a new, vintage aesthetic, with some painstakingly drawn up graphics in the style of woodcut prints. There is a neat new method to the final reveal and all parts are reusable and self-contained.

Mind Roulette :
Effect: A leather and wood pocket book is opened out to reveal a roulette-style wheel and board. It has a selection of playing cards around the outside and the inner wheel has a selection of numbers. The spectator is asked to freely and secretly choose one card and one number as a starting point and to align them up. The spectator never states either the number or the card. The performer places a coin on the board to predict where the spectator will land, and once the spectator counts around from their starting point, they find that they have landed on the magician’s prediction.

I have combined the props into one folding pocketbook, made from wood and leather with hand painted elements.

Each ‘Parlour Trick’ is £45 and all three can be purchased together at a 10% discount of £120.
I have made a first, numbered batch of ten and have three sets remaining.

If you are interested email me at pnuk@hotmail.com

A fine day to you all. JH

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Parlour Tricks by Jenzo Harmonics

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 19th, 2018, 10:53 am

The Genii highly recommends all of Jenzo's products!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

PickaCard

Postby PickaCard » June 19th, 2018, 3:43 pm

Jenzo wrote: I have taken three of Tenyo’s plus one effects and given them a magical makeover, taking them all back in time to the Victorian era. All three have had the graphics completely redesigned from scratch and have also been made in wood.

If I am not mistaken, Jenzo's products tend to be re-skinned Tenyo effects which are not officially approved by Tenyo (such as the Tenyo Elite line of products). It is not clear to me why this is legally acceptable and encouraged.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 19th, 2018, 4:02 pm

Many of his items are not related at all to Tenyo products. Regardless, it's not illegal, and Jenzo has been doing this for many years with no protest from Tenyo or anyone else. Since he tends to make only between 6 and 12 of an item that is far removed in materials from the original, there doesn't seem to be a problem as far as Tenyo is concerned. Often his effects require the purchaser to have the original Tenyo prop so it can incorporated into the final product.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jenzo

Postby Jenzo » June 20th, 2018, 12:30 am

You make a valid point PickaCard (as a Star Trek fan I’m tempted to call you Jean-Luc) and I understand your concern.
I have been in contact with Tenyo for many years, both in the context of submitting my own ideas and in sharing my versions with them. I have shared videos and sent samples as gifts and I have always received a positive, encouraging and respectful reply. I am a huge Tenyo fan and collector and the last thing I would want to do is offend the company I admire so much. As Richard points out, my Tenyo inspired effects are sold in small batches. Effects that I sell in larger quantities are more of my own design.
I hope this clarifies the situation somewhat. If you would like to see some videos of my other effects my YouTube channel is JenzoHarmonics.
JH

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » June 20th, 2018, 5:21 am

Jenzo's products are works of art. The craftsmanship and design are wonderful. I love his work and he is a good friend of mine.

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » June 20th, 2018, 8:00 am

It is readily apparent, from just the photos, that these are beautifully crafted works of art.

Jenzo

Postby Jenzo » June 21st, 2018, 4:49 am

What kind words, thank you very much :)

I have one set of Parlour Tricks remaining if anyone would like to grab it just drop me an email.

JH :)

Jenzo

Postby Jenzo » June 28th, 2018, 1:49 am

Final numbered set available, grab it while it’s hot :)

Jenzo

Postby Jenzo » June 30th, 2018, 5:52 am

All numbered sets now sold out.
I will be able to make extra sets to order over the next 2 weeks.

I do have one ghost puzzle available at £45 plus postage.

Have a charming weekend :)

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”