WTB Mike Rogers Card Crystal Ball

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

WTB Mike Rogers Card Crystal Ball

Postby Leonard Hevia » December 15th, 2015, 11:21 pm

Does anyone have a Mike Rogers Card in Crystal Ball collecting dust in a drawer?

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Re: WTB Mike Rogers Card Crystal Ball

Postby MagicbyAlfred » December 16th, 2015, 12:31 am

Leonard, I don't know if you happened to have already seen it, but there's one on eBay (pocket version, used) being advertised for $150 plus $4.50 shipping. Anyway, here's the link:

.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extremly-Rare-C ... 1296549972

Jim Riser

Postby Jim Riser » December 16th, 2015, 1:40 am

Leo;
This Martin Lewis product offers the same effect:
http://www.magikraft.com/crystal-gazing/
Jim

Leonard Hevia

Postby Leonard Hevia » December 16th, 2015, 2:11 am

MagicbyAlfred wrote:Leonard, I don't know if you happened to have already seen it, but there's one on eBay (pocket version, used) being advertised for $150 plus $4.50 shipping. Anyway, here's the link:

.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extremly-Rare-C ... 1296549972

That seller is a total schmuck. When I expressed interest in the effect earlier this week, he suddenly raised the price to $150.00 from $100.00. Totally deluded if he thinks I will shell out another fifty dollars on top the already outrageous $100.00 that he's asking for. He fell off his rocker and landed on his head.

Leonard Hevia

Postby Leonard Hevia » December 16th, 2015, 2:11 am

Jim Riser wrote:Leo;
This Martin Lewis product offers the same effect:
http://www.magikraft.com/crystal-gazing/
Jim

Thanks Mr. Riser, but not exactly the same. Martin's version is a stage effect and I'm not sure if the card is inside the crystal ball, which looks a bit large.

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » December 16th, 2015, 4:22 pm

MagicbyAlfred wrote:
"Leonard, I don't know if you happened to have already seen it, but there's one on eBay (pocket version, used) being advertised for $150 plus $4.50 shipping. Anyway, here's the link:

.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extremly-Rare-C ... 1296549972"

To which Leonard's reply was:
"That seller is a total schmuck. When I expressed interest in the effect earlier this week, he suddenly raised the price to $150.00 from $100.00. Totally deluded if he thinks I will shell out another fifty dollars on top the already outrageous $100.00 that he's asking for. He fell off his rocker and landed on his head."

Alright Leonard, so I tried to do something nice for you. No need to thank me...

Brad Jeffers

Postby Brad Jeffers » December 16th, 2015, 5:53 pm

Leonard,

Maybe THIS ONE is still available.

This effect can be done with any small crystal ball and tiny photo copies of playing cards.

If you want to go through the effort, you can have a card image engraved on the crystal ball for around $30.

For an investment of much less than you will pay for the original Mike Roger's item, you can have an even nicer version.

Leonard Hevia

Postby Leonard Hevia » December 16th, 2015, 8:03 pm

MagicbyAlfred wrote:No need to thank me...

You are correct.

Brad Jeffers wrote:Leonard,

Maybe THIS ONE is still available.

This effect can be done with any small crystal ball and tiny photo copies of playing cards.

If you want to go through the effort, you can have a card image engraved on the crystal ball for around $30.

For an investment of much less than you will pay for the original Mike Roger's item, you can have an even nicer version.

Sounds great Brad! Thank you! Do you know an engraver who does this?

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » December 16th, 2015, 8:28 pm

Leonard, I have one in a drawer somewhere. But I'm pretty sure I got it from Doc Eason, who sells a 2" version here, so check with him before asking me to go through my drawers: http://doceasonmagicshop.com/oscommerce ... ucts_id=54

Leonard Hevia

Postby Leonard Hevia » December 16th, 2015, 8:50 pm

Thanks Mr. Hatch! Not sure what exactly Doc's crystal ball is. I took Brad's advice and found companies that laser engrave any image you want inside crystal balls of differing sizes. They seem to be out in China. I'd like to find a place stateside that does this.

Jim Riser

Postby Jim Riser » December 17th, 2015, 1:45 am

Leo;
The guy at this link has engraved several on optical glass balls - not plexiglass.

http://jamesriser.com/Engraving/RiserEngraving.htm

The engraving is on the surface of the ball not inside as with laser work. Was Mike's different? I doubt it. I prefer to not permanently mark the ball. This allows a different card at each performance. There are simple ways to do this.
Jim

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » December 17th, 2015, 3:04 am

I still have one of my contact juggling acrylic balls with a very crude scratch of the four of diamonds on it :) If you do go down that route, a professional engraver is the way to go (just remember to tell him that the image should be reversed :)

Matt Herbert

Postby Matt Herbert » December 18th, 2015, 3:33 am

I have both the Doc Eason and Mike Roger's version. Doc may have updated his version, but the one I got from him years ago was not engraved. It had a small pip of a card taped to the crystal ball. I bought the Mike Rogers version from Brad Burt, and still have it in my display case at my office. The funny thing about the Roger's version (at least the one that I own) is that the engraving was made as a standard card. When viewed through the crystal ball the pips are on the wrong side of the card. I don't know if this was corrected on later versions, but I remember purchasing this when it first came out and laughing when I viewed the card through the crystal ball.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”