Mental Magic ~ SLATE OF MIND

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Rennie

Mental Magic ~ SLATE OF MIND

Postby Rennie » June 14th, 2014, 11:19 am

SLATE OF MIND
Correctly predict the exact card selected by your spectator!

If you like mindreading effects, and you like quick and startling tricks, this one's for you! Show a slate with six numbers on it. Next to each number is a playing card clipped to the board. Let your spectator freely choose any of the six cards. Clip that card to the top of the board. When you turn the board around- the chosen card matches your prediction, and all of the other cards are shown to be different!
NO FORCING
NO COUNTING / SPELLING TO THEIR CARD

CAN CHANGE THEIR MIND IF THEY WISH

Absolutely no skill needed! If you can put the cards in the slots of the board, you can do the trick!
Please Note: The material is not real slate but painted wood with painted white lettering and numbers to look like chalk. Frame is made of wood. Card backs are NOT Bicycle.

Here's what you'll get:
MENTAL SLATE
6 PLAYING CARDS
PRINTED INSTRUCTIONS
TOTAL INCLUDING SHIPPING IN THE U.S. - $15.00
Rennie Parcesepe
2444 Plumcreek Lane
Manteca, Ca. 95336
rennie2444@yahoo.com
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve is not !!

JFox

Re: Mental Magic ~ SLATE OF MIND

Postby JFox » June 16th, 2014, 6:03 pm

U.F. (Gen) Grant...would be proud!

In 1948, Grant released "Cards & Slate".

Reincarnated through the years as "Slate of Mind"..including the "Aldini" improvements of it.

It also inspired Dr. Jak's "Supersonic Prediction", circa 1950.

Still a nice effect, though I'm unsure how a slate (chalk board) fits into today's audiences.

I like how the above "ad description" makes it sound like this is a NEW trick.

Rennie

Postby Rennie » June 18th, 2014, 11:53 am

JFox wrote:U.F. (Gen) Grant...would be proud!
Still a nice effect, though I'm unsure how a slate (chalk board) fits into today's audiences.

I wondered the same thing, but still see chalk boards being used. Just recently saw a performance using a chalk board. I guess this is the best way for the whole audience to see what the prediction is huh?
Rennioe

shatteredorbit

Postby shatteredorbit » June 18th, 2014, 2:15 pm

I work in education (curriculum development) and one of the things we stress is that even as technology progresses, nothing beats a chalk board to get a point across. In my environment, we actually use a white board, but issues have come up when the markers run dry. Chalk doesn't have that problem.

Rennie

Postby Rennie » June 18th, 2014, 11:32 pm

shatteredorbit wrote:I work in education (curriculum development) and one of the things we stress is that even as technology progresses, nothing beats a chalk board to get a point across. In my environment, we actually use a white board, but issues have come up when the markers run dry. Chalk doesn't have that problem.

Thanks and I totally agree.
Rennie

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”