The Crazy "Lazy" Daisy - New Effect

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Gene Voshell
Favorite Magician: Johnny Thompson, Ash Adams

The Crazy "Lazy" Daisy - New Effect

Postby Gene Voshell » March 2nd, 2014, 6:56 pm

The Crazy "Lazy" Daisy

I just recently purchased a new "Non-Stop" running gag for my show. It is an updated version of the old 1960's stage size drooping flower "Floria ". This new version is called the "Crazy Lazy Daisy" and built by Louis Paul Productions. The effect has been computer precision created entirely out of Aluminum, Brass & Stainless Steel and the mechanism works very smooth.

This stage size version is 25-inches tall and the flower is 7-inches in diameter. It is very easy to setup before the show and easy to knockdown after the show. I use a Loto Bowl (not necessary) to continually fill the flower pot containing a drooping Daisy. When water is poured into the flower pot the flower instantly jumps to attention. Now after walking away from the Daisy and getting back to my show the Daisy begins to droop again causing the audience to go crazy shouting, "Look the Daisy has fallen over."

I have the drooping flower gag running for some time during my show. There is also a lever in the pot that will stop the Daisy from drooping

I would recommend this for Children's or Family style performances. This effect is very well built, well thought out and I'm looking for it to last a long time.

Here is the link to checkout- this new updated drooping flower effect:

http://www.louispaul.net/content/crazylazydaisy

Gene Voshell
Philadelphia, PA
856-630-7772 (eastern time zone)

Andrew Pinard

Re: The Crazy "Lazy" Daisy - New Effect

Postby Andrew Pinard » March 2nd, 2014, 10:32 pm

That was one of the most "stuttery" videos I ever tried to watch online. I don't know if it was my connection, the size/format of the file or something else, but it was a challenge to watch. It took almost five minutes to get to view the Daisy in action (after some preliminary video that really didn't add anything to the pitch: is it necessary to take a trip to the machine shop to watch a large machine do something that might or might not have anything to do with the prop; not to mention banter about lunch). You might consider being courteous to your proposed buyer by getting to the point.

Lovely video, just not terribly efficient for the possible buyer.

The Daisy looks interesting and has a reasonable (if limited) range of motion in the way of an animated inanimate object.

Best of luck with it!

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » March 3rd, 2014, 4:24 am

The video played OK for me. It's amusing that the editing is done to make it look like the machine shop is at the back of his house.

The trick is Jack Hughes' Drooping Daisy, produced I assume with credit and permission.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » March 3rd, 2014, 8:09 am

did not see that mentioned in the ad.

also seems available via ebaY.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”