FSH - Swadling, Porper, and a Mint Conway Cigarette Case

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Jeremy Greystoke

FSH - Swadling, Porper, and a Mint Conway Cigarette Case

Postby Jeremy Greystoke » July 28th, 2013, 3:23 pm

Fibber McGee's Closet o' Magic has reached the overflow point, so I thought I'd post some interesting items here first before listing them on Ebay.

Toothpick Twister – Joe Porper. - This is an interesting version of the old toothpick paddle. Purchased from Joe at a convention, so it's an original, not a knockoff. Lists on Joe's site for $ 64.00, but I'll sell it here for $ 35.00 postpaid in the U.S.

A. F. A. Clipboard – Haim Goldenberg – Initials stand for Absolutely Fabulous and Amazing, and it's a really good impression device. It looks like an ultra-thin folio you'd find in an office supply store, and that's because it is, just cleverly and invisibly doctored. Comes complete with instructions, and originally retailed for around $ 125.00. So far as I can tell, it's no longer available, and this one in pristine condition is $ 75.00 postpaid in the U. S.

Swadling Millenium Wallet – This is the really high-end version of Tucker's Visa Cabaret. Breast pocket wallet is shown to contain three different colored business cards (or three bills of different denominations as in Wayne Dobson's variation). Three spectators are each invited to remove a card from the wallet while it's on the table and the performer's back is turned. Performer returns, picks up the wallet and instantly knows who has which card. Later remade in a somewhat different version by Mark Mason, this is the original, purchased directly from Bob at a convention. Just checked it out and it works perfectly. Complete in box with cards, instructions, gaffed imitation bills for the Dobson routine and some extras. $ 150.00 postpaid in the U.S.

Conway Cigarette Case – Pat Conway – released through Ken Brooke's Magic Place. Hard to find ingenious switching device most often used in Roy Johnson's brilliant Card In Chewing Gum routine. Complete with the detailed Ken Brooke instructions and the modification by Fred Lowe which eliminated the rubber band that was used in the first ones marketed. This one is absolutely mint and looks like it was just received from Ken Brooke. It's loaded with cigarettes and a couple of playing cards but I'm not sure if it was ever actually used in performance. One recently sold at auction for $ 250.00 (the Collection of Charles Reynolds). I'll ask for $ 200.00 postpaid in the U.S.

Perception – Jack Dean – This is a very clever and clean design duplication effect using two whiteboards (one invisibly gaffed) and two marker pens. It's similar to the Karmilovitch Vision In Black routine. It's an old principle, but quite practical. Comes complete with the two boards, two pens, the secret something that makes it all work, plus full instructions. Original retail was $ 40.00...sold here for $ 25.00 postpaid.

And the all-important contact details:

Edmund L. Kowalski
P. O. Box 451
Radford, Virginia 24143

email: ekowalsk@radford.edu

Phone: 540-639-2454

Thanks for reading this and I hope there's something on here that interests you.

And, I've been tossing items up on Ebay as well...here's a link (using the Google URL shortener) to current auctions...some going off tonight, including a good copy of Garcia's Million Dollar Card Secrets.

http://goo.gl/7vlZ3q

Jeremy Greystoke

Re: FSH - Swadling, Porper, and a Mint Conway Cigarette Case

Postby Jeremy Greystoke » August 2nd, 2013, 12:57 am

A bump to say that the Porper, Dean, Swadling, and Goldenberg items are now all on EBay. The Conway Cigarette Case is still available here with a price drop to $ 175.00 postpaid in the U.S.

I also just listed for three days only a very rare Ned Rutledge Mass Miracle outfit, complete and in rather good shape considering the age and the fact that Ned handmade the whole thing. Follow the link in my previous posting to see the offering. By the way, the Mass Miracle outfit has no reserve, so whoever bids the highest will get it.

Jeremy

Jeremy Greystoke

Re: FSH - Swadling, Porper, and a Mint Conway Cigarette Case

Postby Jeremy Greystoke » August 26th, 2013, 11:05 am

And another bump to say that most are now sold, but the Swadling Millenium Wallet is still available, as well as the Conway Cigarette Case. Price drops on both:

Swadling Millenium Wallet - mint and complete - $ 125.00 postpaid in the U. S.

The Conway Cigarette Case - mint - complete with the detailed Ken Brooke instruction sheets - $ 135.00 postpaid in the U. S.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”