Oriental Conjuring and Magic, by Sam Sharpe and Will Ayling

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Grippo's Wish

Oriental Conjuring and Magic, by Sam Sharpe and Will Ayling

Postby Grippo's Wish » July 9th, 2012, 5:12 am

I have for sale on ebay the famous and long searched-after "Oriental Conjuring and Magic". The book needs no review. It's in excellent almost-new condition.

you can check it in: eBay: Oriental Conjuring and Magic http://www.ebay.com/itm/251103801483?ss ... 500wt_1413

thanks

Joe Naud
Favorite Magician: Vernon, Tamariz, Carney, DaOrtiz, Mac King

Re: Oriental Conjuring and Magic, by Sam Sharpe and Will Ayling

Postby Joe Naud » July 9th, 2012, 10:54 am

Your price for this book is way too high. I just bought a copy from eBay about a month ago in pristine condition for $40. The magic book market at least on eBay is crashing and burning. A second printing of Down's Art of Magic in beautiful condition sold yesterday for $38!
Peace, Joe

Smurf

Postby Smurf » July 9th, 2012, 12:32 pm

Since the book isn't being sold on the Genii forum, the rule against commenting don't apply, but I think it more appropriate to PM a seller rather than make a public post.

The other day I sent a message to an Ebay seller who had listed a Gaffed to the Hilt set of cards - no book. He had them listed for $175 + $11 for shippiing. I told him that you could get them new from Don England on his website for $150 + $3.50 shipping, but maybe the Ebay seller would find someone who doesn't do much research. He sold the set for his asking price. It doesn't hurt to start high and work your way down.

Don Hendrix

Postby Don Hendrix » July 9th, 2012, 1:48 pm

Since the PM function has been broken since the beginning of time, PM's are not always practical.

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Postby Ted M » July 9th, 2012, 2:04 pm

The first PM works fine. It's the PM Reply that's broken.

Smurf

Postby Smurf » July 9th, 2012, 2:47 pm

Ted M wrote:The first PM works fine. It's the PM Reply that's broken.

You are correct Ted. Sending one still works fine.

And one could even send the message through Ebay if you have that ability to to do it.

Don Hendrix

Postby Don Hendrix » July 10th, 2012, 1:03 am

Ted M wrote:The first PM works fine. It's the PM Reply that's broken.
I realize this, but, if you send a PM to me without including your other contact info, I have no way to reply, except in the public forum. If I try to reply to your PM and don't realize that it doesn't work, you think that I am ignoring your PM. Just seems better to me to avoid the PM altogether. My email address is in my profile, so I can always be reached. I realize that some closely guard their email, so that may not be a good solution either.

Nathan Ernest

Postby Nathan Ernest » July 10th, 2012, 1:30 am

I think as a community of magicians we have a responsibility to other magicians to warn if they are getting ripped off. We also have the right to tell a seller that they have overpriced their material as they might not realise what its worth. Would you still be complaining if you saw a friend selling "Greater Magic" for $50? No, you would tell them to raise the price (or buy it yourself and resell it for your own profit).

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”