Price increase announcement and book offers

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Gregory Edmonds

Price increase announcement and book offers

Postby Gregory Edmonds » August 14th, 2011, 12:39 pm

First, because of the fairly dramatic increase in shipping and materials, the price on our Houdini bust (about 3/4 life size) will very soon increase. We ship the item directly from the artists studios in Essex, England.

If you're interested in getting a last bust at the original price and shipping fee, place your order now at www.ArsPraestigium.com .

The items listed below are used books, and are shipped from the United States. Shipping costs to buyers IN the U.S. are included in the asking prices. If you reside elsewhere, please inquire about shipping fees.

Our first offer is [color:#FF0000]100 By Warlock[/color].
There are excellent ideas and illustrations here. Richard might want to confirm, but I think these have sold out.
Asking price $45.00, shipped.

Second offered is [color:#FF0000]The Life & Times of The Great Lafayette[/color].
This work is long out of print, asking prices on current sites go as high as three hundred dollars.
We're offering it, shipped, for $85.00, again, to buyers in the U.S.

Finally, in this listing, is offered [color:#FF0000]Capricornian Tales[/color], by Christian Chelman.
This work for those into the Bizarre and story-telling genres is quite good.
Our asking price is $30.00.

The books listed which came with dust jackets still have them. The books and jackets are in good, used, condition, with a couple of bumps at the corners (on the jacket, the books are in fine condition).

If you'd like to purchase all three, send $149.00 to our PayPal account:
ClientServices@ArsPraestigium.com.

Thanks,

Greg Edmonds
7001 St. Andrews Road, #303
Columbia, SC 29212 USA

Phone: 803 429 3344

E-Mail: ClientServices@aol.com
Celebrate the Art of Magic

Gregory Edmonds

Re: Price increase announcement and book offers

Postby Gregory Edmonds » August 16th, 2011, 9:40 pm

For those unaware, because increasingly pressing health issues, I'm confined to bed most hours of the day (unless, normally, visiting a physician OR physiotherapy). I have a room containing a large number of books, some are of the magic variety.

Because I'm confined to bed most often, I've been keeping a collection of (I hate to admit) about 40 books stacked, for easy reference or reading. My interests in magic have shifted entirely to the area of the history of "real" magic (the Harry Potter variety), and illusion. I'm keeping the five dozen or so volumes related directly to this issue, but am moving out the rest.

SO....

In addition to the books listed above, I'm adding the following, for the moment. I've been encouraged to auction these, by the way, and have done so with a few. I have a couple of quite rare magic items, but am holding on to them for the moment. These WILL be auctioned later.

What I have to offer now, though, is a Three Volume set of Stanyon's Magic, published by Kaufman and Greenberg.

I THINK this volume sells (sold, I don't know if it's still in print or not, Richard? Anyone?) for $250.00.

I'm asking just $189.00 for this set, PLUS $15.00 shipping and insurance, to a buyer in the United States. Because of the increase in shipping outside the US, a potential buyer would need to add additional funds for mailing the books.

If you'd care to purchase the Stanyon set (which, incidentally, contains some wonderful stuff. DId you know, for example, the popular "Chinese Sticks" were originally called by two other names?) AND all of the other volumes previously listed, they're YOURS for $295.00, plus 34.00 for insured shipping.

That's the bargain of the year for someone.

The books go to the first taker who agrees to send IMMEDIATE payment to our PayPal account: ClientServices@ArsPraestigium.com .

If a later buyer sends money, the amount will be refunded within 24 hours. If and when the books sell, I'll mention the fact here.

Thanks,

Greg Edmonds
www.ArsPraestigium.com

PS Last call on the 14+ inch tall Houdin bust in strait jacket we offer at the ORIGINAL low price. I'm afraid our photos don't really do the bust justice, and we've been told so by delighted buyers. Health issues, and a state of recent torpid "unreality" caused by medications have caused me to be a bit behind in updating the site. I'll try to do so soon.

Our contact information is found above.

Gregory Edmonds

Re: Price increase announcement and book offers

Postby Gregory Edmonds » August 16th, 2011, 10:16 pm

PS: Last call on the 14+ inch tall Houdin bust in strait jacket we offer at the ORIGINAL low price. I'm afraid our photos don't really do the bust justice, and we've been told so by delighted buyers. Health issues, and a state of recent torpid "unreality" caused by medications have caused me to be a bit behind in updating the site. I'll try to do so soon.

We own the original copy of a letter Sir Arthur Conan Doyle sent to Houdini, who was touring the continent in the year 1920. In the letter, Conan Doyle accuses Houdini of resorting to REAL supernatural feats to accomplish his escapes, and chastises him for making money on his supernatural "gift."

I served as Marie Blood's (niece of Harry and Bess Houdini) erstwhile agent for about 18 years, booking her on a number of television programs and (among others) at her first magician's convention (Magic By The Sea, in 1988). The letter in our possession was acquired from Marie.

We have a few high-quality reproductions of the letter left (we will do an additional, second generation printing, when the Houdini - film(s) are released later this year, or next.

If you'd like to receive a discounted (for now, only) offer of the TWO BUSTS (Houdini AND Sir Arthur, see our site for details, www.ArsPraestigium.com), on each bust AND the letter reproduction on high quality paper, made to appear as much as possible like the original (someone recently sold a copy of our letter, in the first printing, we will do ONLY TWO, for $45.00.)

Greg
ClientServices@ArsPraestigum.com
www.ArsPraestigium.com

PPS We own a number of website names involved with Disney and the two men mentioned above. We will likely offer them for sale soon. Please contact us if you're interested.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”