REGAL RING CHAIN

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
David Regal

REGAL RING CHAIN

Postby David Regal » June 29th, 2011, 4:34 pm

For those who are interested, I have posted a demo of my new effect - it is a specially-made stainless steel neck chain that is gimmicked to allow for a very fast and clean insertion of a borrowed ring, much like a card-to-wallet. As you'll see in the demo, it can be done anywhere - from the street to The Magic Castle.

This was manufactured by a jewelry concern, and it looks beautiful:

The Regal Ring Chain

Dovie

Re: REGAL RING CHAIN

Postby Dovie » June 29th, 2011, 7:14 pm

Cool. Now I just need to dig up $60...

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » June 29th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Is it possible to load the ring without having to show the chain in an unclasped/open position? It would be great if the hands could go up and lift the chain without having to remove it.

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » June 29th, 2011, 9:27 pm

That's what I thought, Chris, when David first showed this to me. But I saw this in the close-up gallery and the audience did not care. The reaction was fantasticaudible gasps.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » June 30th, 2011, 10:43 am

Right, Pete... too many magicians "think like magicians." I would add my old Army Dog Tags on the chain.
Stay tooned.

David Regal

Postby David Regal » June 30th, 2011, 10:47 am

It's exactly like card-to-wallet, where the effect is of a card miraculously transporting itself to a wallet...although the method for card-to-wallet is: You put the card in the wallet. One has to completely divorce oneself from the workings to understand the effect the trick has on the audience.

Similarly, here you have a specially-made prop that allows for the FAST and smooth incorporation of an item - instead of a card going into a wallet you have a ring being added to a chain. You get the ring onto the chain in the same amount of time it naturally takes to remove a neck chain, an action the audience is intimately familiar with...just as the action of removing a wallet from a pocket is an action the audience is familiar with.

As magicians it's hard to remember that with card-to-wallet, the audience is perceiving an empty hand going into the jacket, even though it is never shown. When one changes the palmed card to a finger-palmed ring, there is an extra display of an "empty" hand that can be thrown into the mix, which is nice.

I add some time after the false transfer, so the guilty hand is nowhere near the "ring hand" at the moment of the vanish. Of course, if one were to use a ring vanishing hank, this is not an issue, and the trick becomes very close to self-working.

I don't want anyone to buy a prop they can't put to use - I believe I've been very clear about what the ring chain accomplishes, and why, as in the case with a traditional card-to-wallet, a very bold action results in an amazing effect.

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » June 30th, 2011, 3:27 pm

I want everyone to buy all the props David sells, whether they can put them to use or not, so he can pay to have a better avatar picture taken.

A1exM

Postby A1exM » June 30th, 2011, 8:16 pm

Please Pete, don't sell out!

David Regal

Postby David Regal » July 11th, 2011, 5:51 pm

Okay, a lot of people have asked me how fast one can execute the ring chain.

Here's a link to an anti-gloss demo - raw iPhone footage:

The Regal Ring Chain unedited iPhone clip

One can't ask for a more honest demo than this, so I hope I've shown this is a practical thing!

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » July 11th, 2011, 6:06 pm

Do you have one that's a little faster? I'm asking for a friend.

David Regal

Postby David Regal » July 11th, 2011, 6:09 pm

Pete, you crack me up.

David Regal

Postby David Regal » July 15th, 2011, 8:09 pm

The Ring Chain - a gimmicked stainless steel neck chain that allows for quick loading of a borrowed ring - is now being performed by people other than myself, and I'm glad!

I think I shocked people by coming out with a product that features two things that scare some magic-buyers: 1) A false transfer of an object, and 2) The secret concealment of an object. I think some magic-buyers want to see some gimmick that involves hidden threads, electronics, something can can basically work its "magic" when a button is pushed. This is the opposite of that, and that fact seems to have stunned some people. Of course, The Regal Ring Chain uses the same method as the traditional card-to-wallet...one of the greatest close-up effects in the world, with a method that, if baldly described, does not sound like a real method! The Ring Chain, as bold as it may seem, is built on classic principles of magic.

If you want to get rid of the scary parts of the routine, you can use a ring hank. For now, here are a few unsolicited testimonials from people who actually perform with the chain - and yes, some were surprised at the reaction it gets:

I want you to know that I used your Ring Chain last weekend for a two hour strolling magic event, and it killed!!! Thanks for convincing me that it was a powerful audience piece.

I new this was a winner when my wife, a magic critic, told me she was fooled and impressed with the effectelegant and classy.

Did it for a couple of rather fetching girls on Abbott Kinney over the weekend, and they let out a blood-curdling shriek --- always a good sign.

this will be a keeper.

This rocks! this has been a great purchase. Excellent product, super price.

I'll shut up now.

David

David Regal

Postby David Regal » August 11th, 2011, 10:16 am

The Wizard Magic Guys reviewed the ring chain, and David Penn actually does it on camera (very well).

Here's the review - it starts at 19:00

Wizard Magic Review - Regal Ring Chain

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » August 11th, 2011, 10:41 am

Wonderful!

For anyone else who finds the two presenters quite as annoying as me, it is actually closer to 19:00.

The joy also, is you can stop the video when Mr Regal's awesome looking trick is over!

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”