The Magical World of Slydini/ The Best of Slydini ...and More

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
troublewit

The Magical World of Slydini/ The Best of Slydini ...and More

Postby troublewit » June 12th, 2011, 10:10 pm

Two great out of print 2 volume sets by Karl Fulves.

The Magical World of Slydini is a two volume hardbound set (1 book of text, 1 book of photographs). Very clean copies with no markings, dog ears or tears. Contains the following Slydini routines:

Sweet Salt, Sugar Express, Encore Sponge Balls, Reincarnation, Slydini's Cut and Restored Rope, Equal-Unequal Ropes, Slydini's Close Up Rope Routine, Slydini's Aces, His version of Wild Card, Slydini Invisible Pass, Table Switch, Slydini Switch II, Slydini's Torn and Restored Newspaper, Gemini Coins, Sliding Silver, Slydini's Coin Gag, Slydini's Coin Clip, His Silk Knot Untying routine including "Splitting the Knots" and his previously unpublished "Houdini Silks", Slydini's Sympathetic Silks, The Torn Napkin Corner, and his Linking Ring Routine.
The 2 volume set includes over 90,000 words of text and more than 1300 photographs.

This 2 volume set is for sale here for only $65 with free media mail shipping in the US. Priority mail, or international rates will apply. Paypal only please.

The Best of Slydini... and More is also a two volume hardbound set. This is a very clean copy with no markings, dog ears or tears. Contents include:

Slydini- a Brief Biography, Basic Precepts, Easy Routines and Moves, Basic Moves, The Purse Frame, Two Cigarette Routines, Slydini's Coin Classics, The Helicopter Card, Paper Balls Over the Head, Paper Balls in the Box, and much more.

This 2 volume set is for sale here for only $45 with free media mail shipping in the US. Priority mail, or international rates will apply. Paypal only please.

Thank You,
Christopher Klocek
Christopher Klocek
337 N Wood St
Griffith, In 46319
219-765-7123
troublewit@aol.com

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: The Magical World of Slydini/ The Best of Slydini ...and More

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 12th, 2011, 10:21 pm

Christopher, it might be of help in selling them if you told us if there are any indications on the back of the title page as to what printings these are. The later printings by D.Robbins have very muddy photos, while the earlier printings have clear photos.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

troublewit

Postby troublewit » June 12th, 2011, 10:38 pm

Yes, thank you... They are both Published by Robbins. The photos look pretty clear to me, but I've never seen the other editions with which to compare...
Christopher Klocek

337 N Wood St

Griffith, In 46319

219-765-7123

troublewit@aol.com

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 12th, 2011, 11:41 pm

I think the early Robbins editions are better than the later ones, but I'm not certain. I do know that there are definitely editions where the photos are all muddy and have a moire pattern on them because they weren't rescreened properly.

troublewit

Postby troublewit » June 19th, 2011, 3:01 pm

I believe the editions I have were published in 1976 and 1979. Are these the first edition reprints? The photos look quite clear to me. The books themselves are in excellent condition. I will offer them here for a reduced price of 45.00 for Magical World of Slydini and 35.00 for The Best of Slydini... and More. Free media mail shipping in the US, priority mail and international mail available at cost. Paypal only please.
Thank you,
Christopher Klocek
Christopher Klocek

337 N Wood St

Griffith, In 46319

219-765-7123

troublewit@aol.com

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 19th, 2011, 3:39 pm

The original editions of both sets of books were published by Tannen Magic. When D.Robbins reprinted them, often there was no information on the copyright page to indicate a reprint.

The prices you're offering them at are incredibly reasonable.

troublewit

Postby troublewit » June 19th, 2011, 5:32 pm

Thank you...(sale is pending on Magical World of Slydini)
Christopher Klocek

337 N Wood St

Griffith, In 46319

219-765-7123

troublewit@aol.com

troublewit

Postby troublewit » June 25th, 2011, 1:26 am

Magical World of Slydini sold.
Christopher Klocek

337 N Wood St

Griffith, In 46319