Silk Pistol by Magic Hands of Germany

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Mike Rose

Postby Mike Rose » April 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Wow, this is a beautiful piece of apparatus and it has never been used in performance. The effect of the Silk Pistol is well known, a silk is draped over the barrel of the pistol, the pistol is fired and the silk vanishes. Later the silk (a duplicate) can be reproduced from any other type of silk producing apparatus that the magician chooses.

Now for the features of this amazing prop. The pistol is hefty, made of steel with a wood handle and NOT a cheap plastic toy. The gun fires blank cartridges like a starter pistol so it gives off a loud bang when fired. The internal mechanism is brass and the winding key is also brass. The internal spring works great and the whole thing is like new (again, it has never been used in performance and it has sat in a drawer for at least 10 years). Once the pistol is set, merely pulling the trigger fires the blank cartridge and simultaneously releases the spring that sucks the silk into the barrel and out of sight.

You receive the Silk Pistol, the special rod that is used to set the silk gun (this is a secret tool and is not seen by the audience), and also the original instructions. No silk is included but any small silk will do (FYI, the gun originally came with two small silks, but they have really vanished!).

I also have the unopened box of blank cartridges that came with the silk pistol. However, there may be issues with sending them through the mail now days. If the post office will let me ship them I will include them with the Silk Pistol. But if there are regulations that prevent me from shipping them dont worry since you should be able to purchase blank cartridges yourself locally and it is really the pistol that is hard to find.

Please Note: This Silk Pistol is a blank gun and does not fire projectiles. However, care should be used when handling and the buyer assumes all responsibility for use of this apparatus.

I can easily email photos if requested.

I will only ship within the USA since I do not know what foreign regulations are on shipping blank guns. $350 gets it and I will pay the shipping.

Thanks,

Mike Rose
114 Lexington Rd.
Bel Air, MD 21014

mike.rose@comcast.net

Mike Rose

Re: Silk Pistol by Magic Hands of Germany

Postby Mike Rose » April 29th, 2010, 10:06 am

I talked with the post office and they seem to feel it would be no problem shipping the blank cartridges for this Silk Pistol through the mail. So the cartridges will be included with this, but they will be shipped separately from the gun (a suggestion recommended by the post office).

I am now reducing the price, too! The whole unit as described now only $300 complete (I pay the shipping for both packages). PayPal or check is fine and feel free to email me with any questions or if you would like photos.

Thanks,

Mike Rose
mike.rose@comcast.net

Brad Henderson

Re: Silk Pistol by Magic Hands of Germany

Postby Brad Henderson » September 30th, 2021, 7:49 pm

Bought one of these at auction. Might anyone have a set of instructions they’d be willing to share? Thanks

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”