WTB: Penumbra issues 3 & 6.

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Sonicstabber

WTB: Penumbra issues 3 & 6.

Postby Sonicstabber » July 21st, 2009, 10:15 pm

Hi all,

I recently had a purchase for a set of these fall through, so I'm tracking down all the individual issues.

So far, the later issues are easy to find available, it's mainly some of the beginning issues.

Does anyone have, or know of anyone who is willing to sell both 3 &/or 6?

Let me know,

Eddie

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: WTB: Penumbra issues 3 & 6.

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 21st, 2009, 10:30 pm

I think you'll have a tough time, Eddie, finding just 3 and 6. My personal philosphy in buying magazines has always been to buy a complete file or wait until one comes up for sale. Never buy a file and try to fill in.
Do you know about the parody issue of Penumbra prepared by David Ben of Canada? Not many were printed and it looks identical to the real thing--there is nothing to identify it as a parody until you read it closely.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Sonicstabber

Postby Sonicstabber » July 21st, 2009, 10:39 pm

Richard,

Ahhh.. I know what you mean, that's why I'm a bit ticked off about the set falling through. I can always hope that someone has bits and pieces still left to sell, or someone would be willing to part with their copy.

Also, I've recently got the MINT books, and was told you've got the rights for the unreleased third volume? Any word on that? I'm quite interested:)

Eddie

Evan Shuster

Postby Evan Shuster » July 21st, 2009, 11:16 pm

Hi Eddie,
I just sent you a potentially helpful lead on issue #6.

Best of luck!
Evan

Sonicstabber

Postby Sonicstabber » July 22nd, 2009, 12:40 am

Evan,

Cheers, looking into it,

Eddie

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 22nd, 2009, 12:57 am

Eddie, I have never had the rights to any Marlo book except Arcade Dreams. I do not and never have owned the rights to any of the Marlo In New Tops books. I have no idea why Louis Falanga has not published the third one. Even printing only 300 or 400 so the people who already own the first two could complete their sets, even at a high price for the volume, would seem like a no-lose proposition to me. But I don't run his business.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Sonicstabber

Postby Sonicstabber » July 23rd, 2009, 3:20 am

Richard,
Good to know
I might have to start a petition for that third volume then:)
Still trying to find volumes 3 and 6, and now volume 1 (Thought I may have had a chance at a previous listing, but unfortunately not).

If anyone knows of any possibilities of these being available for sale, or knows of anyone willing to part with their copies, let me know,

Eddie

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”