Looking to add Van dokkum cups

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
C. Hampton
Favorite Magician: Tamariz, DaOrtiz, Coperfield

Looking to add Van dokkum cups

Postby C. Hampton » May 31st, 2009, 11:05 am

I am looking to add a set of van dokkum cups to my collection. I am looking for the standard size in stainless steel or the traditionals in the same metal. If you have one of this set in good to pristine condition and are thinking about selling or trading it please contact me.

Thanks
Carlos Hampton
www.damainquieta.com/conferencias

Mike P

Re: Looking to add Van dokkum cups

Postby Mike P » May 31st, 2009, 12:30 pm

Van Dokkum is still in bussiness ..why don't you order from him directly?
His prices are reasonable. why not support the maker of the cups you want?

C. Hampton
Favorite Magician: Tamariz, DaOrtiz, Coperfield

Postby C. Hampton » May 31st, 2009, 1:34 pm

Mike,

You are assuming that I don't support the maker when you don't know personal circumstances or previous purchases. I am aware that Van Dokkum is in bussiness and I hope he is for many years to come but due to the current economic crunch I rather find me a used set at this time. I know they are plenty of sets out there that are not being used and just collecting dust, and one of these sets is what I am trying to rescue.
Not that I needed to explain all of this to you...but just to remind you what happen when you assume.
Carlos Hampton

www.damainquieta.com/conferencias

dader2

Postby dader2 » June 2nd, 2009, 7:36 am

Magicians are funny people. I posted a note on another site asking if anyone knew if Ricky Jay's cups routine had been published and before I knew it half a dozen folks accused me of trying to steal his routine. You could leap and say that if I asked where I could buy any magic book that I was trying to steal a routine.

So, to this string I ask...is it okay to buy a used car? How about a 'used' house? Is eBay all about stealing from the original manufacturer? Why are you even looking at this particular forum for something...go directly to the manufacturer!

PS I don't have the cups you seek but if I did and wanted to sell I see know ethical problem with doing so.

Mike P

Postby Mike P » June 2nd, 2009, 4:14 pm

I remember that dader.

If I had a used set I would sell you one.
I didn't assume anything..you did.
I just asked a simple question which you answered...no problem.

Ebay is one source ...there are other auction sites which do have those cups but many times the price is more than what you can get them for from the maker of the cups your looking for in the first place.
Have a good day
Later,
Mike

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”