Wade Live BUYER'S BEWARE! Major, unacceptable problems with customer service.

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Ruben Padilla

Wade Live BUYER'S BEWARE! Major, unacceptable problems with customer service.

Postby Ruben Padilla » October 14th, 2008, 10:51 pm

It saddens me to do this, but I have an issue with somebody here on the forum, and only after 3 and a half months (!) am I feeling that its fair for me to post this on the Genii Forum.

Wade Whitcomb, of Wade Live fame, and maker/seller of a gumball machine effect has inexplicably kept almost five hundred dollars of my hard earned money without delivering a product as promised, and everybody should know it. What follows is an email history for anybody who cares to look.

I hope youll agree that Ive handled myself in an upright manner, and until he makes amends, it is my opinion that nobody should do business with him. I've done many, many transactions with members of this forum and I'm happy to say I have a lot of friends here who can vouch for me.

Here are the facts, all fully documented.

6/30/08

Hi, Wade. I'm interested in your introductory price,
but really want it to include the stand, cover, extra
capsules, etc.

Is this possible? I can paypal you immediately.

I completely understand if you can't...

Thanks.

Ruben

Ruben,

6/30/08
I can include the stand for an extra $60.00..... I'll throw in the cover and extra prize capsules for the $395.00 Your looking at a total of $480.00 with shipping.

Paypal is wade@wadelive.com Let me know if you would like the machine.

Thanks!

07/01/08
Wade

You're very kind with your price of $480 for machine,
stand, cover and extra capsules. I accept.

May I paypal you the money?

I await your reply. Thanks for the offer.

Ruben

Ruben,

07/02/08
Please paypal me the cash to wade@wadelive.com Please supply me with your mailing address.... Thanks man! Your gonna love this machine!!

- Wade

07/02/08
Just sent you the money, Wade.

My address is on the Paypal notice, but I'll also
include it here.

Thanks.

Ruben Padilla

07/16/08
Hi, Wade. Still haven't received the machine and your
kind additions (stand, cover, extra gimmicks.)
Everything okay?

Thanks.

Ruben

08/29/08
Hi, Wade.

It's been almost two months, Wade, and my needs have
been met by other means. I think I've been more than
patient, and as kind as you've been by email (when
you've answered), let's end this in a friendly manner.

Please refund the money paid you (via Paypal) to this
email, and we'll call it a day. I no longer want the
machine as I've found another, and provided you
respond quickly, I won't post anything about the two
month wait on the Cafe.

I wish you luck, and thanks for your understanding.

Ruben

08/30/08
No problem.... Sorry for the issue. I'll be back in town this weekend to transfer funds. U ended up paying 395 for the machine correct?

Wade

Sent from my iPhone

08/30/08
It was $480 total, Wade. Here's your quote from an
earlier email.

""I can include the stand for an extra $60.00.....
I'll throw in the cover and extra prize capsules for
the $395.00 Your looking at a total of $480.00 with
shipping." "

And that's what I Paypal'd you.

Thanks for being understanding about this. I will
appreciate the refund as soon as possible. This
weekend is fine.

Ruben Padilla

09/12/08
Wade, please. It's getting a bit embarrassing. Please refund my $480 as you said you would two weeks ago. This is money you've had for months. I know you're busy but take the time right now. It'll take you four minutes.

Ruben

09/24/08
What should I do, Wade?

Ruben

And there you have it.

Ive also made phone calls, left messages, with no response from Wade Whitcomb.

If anybody knows him or can get in touch with him, Id sure appreciate some help from the Cafe. After all, its magicians helping magicians.

Is it just me, or is this unacceptable? Am I out of line posting this here? Did I jump the gun?
Did I wait enough time?

As soon as I hear from him or he pays me back, Ill immediately make a post to that effect and that will be the end of it. In case he reads this thread (in addition to my emails), my Paypal address is memetical@sbcglobal.net.

Your comments are invited.

Thanks.

Ruben Padilla
7336 Santa Monica Blvd. #101
W. Hollywood, CA 90046
(310) 729-2149
Visit www.MagiciansOnly.com for exclusive book, trick, DVD, & convention reviews!

Gary Kosnitzky
Favorite Magician: Vazhakunnam Neelakanthan Namboothiri

Re: Wade Live BUYER'S BEWARE! Major, unacceptable problems with customer service.

Postby Gary Kosnitzky » October 14th, 2008, 11:29 pm

Call paypal on the phone. They know how to get in touch with him. They have all his information. You must go to the paypal website. On the bottom of the page click - Contact US. You will receive a Secure Web PIN number valid for only one hour. then dial :1-888-221-1161

4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday

They have a department just for problems like yours. They are great. I have had a similar incident happen to me. Paypal has gotten me back $763.00 on a deal just like yours where the guy just ignored me. Paypal can and will help you.
If in the end he has no money Paypal will prevent him from ever doing business on paypal again until his debt to you is first paid. Call paypal. If they can't recoup your money then sue him.

Good Luck!

Ruben Padilla

Re: Wade Live BUYER'S BEWARE! Major, unacceptable problems with customer service.

Postby Ruben Padilla » October 15th, 2008, 11:08 am

That's great advice, Gary! Thanks so much!

I'll do it today and post the results. Maybe this can help other people who have similar problems in the future.

Thanks again!

Ruben
Visit www.MagiciansOnly.com for exclusive book, trick, DVD, & convention reviews!

Ruben Padilla

Postby Ruben Padilla » October 15th, 2008, 8:33 pm

They deleted my thread on the Cafe despite another member confirming a similar problem, saying they can't police unverified claims and siting problems with unwarranted "flaming" of other businesses and individuals.

So much for "magicians helping other magicians". :-(

Call me dumb, but I'm still hopeful...

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » October 15th, 2008, 10:05 pm

Don't be surprised if PayFee turns you down. They might come back and say you waited too long.

If you paid by CC through Payfee and Payfee turns you down, then go to your CC company. They are the ones that will straighten it out.

My feelings is that time it has taken you to file a complaint may be the fly in the ointment.
Please visit my website.
http://houdinihimself.com/
I buy,sell + trade Houdini, Hardeen items.

Gary Kosnitzky
Favorite Magician: Vazhakunnam Neelakanthan Namboothiri

Postby Gary Kosnitzky » October 16th, 2008, 3:36 am

That is very true. I thought about it later and remembered that if you do not make a claim before 45 days it may be more difficult for them to help you.
They have helped me and 2 other friends of mine get back our money under the same circumstances except we made claims prior to the 45 day limit.
Good luck!

Rennie

Postby Rennie » October 17th, 2008, 1:00 am

Ruben Padilla wrote:They deleted my thread on the Cafe despite another member confirming a similar problem, saying they can't police unverified claims and siting problems with unwarranted "flaming" of other businesses and individuals.

So much for "magicians helping other magicians". :-(

Call me dumb, but I'm still hopeful...

Ruben,
My sentiments exactly about the Cafe. They have deleted some of my posts also. Matter of fact I was the one who commented about your post and they me notified that you had been DELETED.
I also questioned the Cafe about their saying "Magicians Helping Magicians", yeh right, not the Magic Cafe. I have gotten more satisfaction on this forum, at least they don't delete your posts.
Anyway as Gary said, contact PayPal. I live in San Jose (about 10 minutes from Ebay, and a little further from Ebays Pay Pal offices). I was talking to an engineer the other day from PayPal and he told me they will try their very best to get you a refund. Trust me, they will work with you.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve is not !!

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » October 17th, 2008, 1:47 am

Unless they were part of the 1,600 that Ebay dumped the other day. ;)
Please visit my website.

Rennie

Postby Rennie » October 17th, 2008, 6:47 pm

Kevin Connolly wrote:Unless they were part of the 1,600 that Ebay dumped the other day. ;)

Good point !

Ruben Padilla

Postby Ruben Padilla » October 17th, 2008, 8:05 pm

I contacted Paypal, and they indeed said that I waited too long. My patience and hope worked against me this time.

They also recommended I contact the credit card company, and I will.

Thanks for the support and good wishes, guys.

Ruben

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » October 17th, 2008, 8:25 pm

I think I may have mentioned both of those recommendations a couple days ago. ;)

Now let me ask one. Is this guy Wade a "someone" in magic? I never heard of him. Then again, I lead a sheltered life.
Please visit my website.

Frank Starsinic

Postby Frank Starsinic » October 17th, 2008, 8:50 pm

Wade Live had not posted at the cafe in the past 30 days.
Could he be on a cruise ship somewhere?

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » October 17th, 2008, 9:03 pm

S.S. Minnow?
Please visit my website.

Rennie

Postby Rennie » October 19th, 2008, 12:01 pm

Kevin Connolly wrote:S.S. Minnow?

Have no fear, the professor will make a radio out of coconut shells. In the mean time, where is Mary Ann ?

Ruben Padilla

Postby Ruben Padilla » October 20th, 2008, 1:08 pm

He could very well be on a cruise ship, but he's apparently been on his My Space page and I've also left him phone messages.

Nobody is that removed unless they're hiding.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”