Juan Tamariz * Sonata * For Sale * OOP

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
jerry lazar

Juan Tamariz * Sonata * For Sale * OOP

Postby jerry lazar » May 31st, 2008, 10:51 pm

jerry lazar

Re: Juan Tamariz * Sonata * For Sale * OOP

Postby jerry lazar » June 4th, 2008, 8:06 pm

Only 3 days left -- still under $100! A wealth of incredible material from one of the greatest masters.

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » June 4th, 2008, 11:02 pm

Jerry, what happened? I tried to find the auction using the link and several searches and found nothing. Did the auction get pulled?

jerry lazar

Postby jerry lazar » June 5th, 2008, 12:56 am

Indeed it did, Richard! I just got home, and got an email from Ebay saying that I violated their policy by using the words "Like New" to describe the book... Through some twisted logic, they feel that's deceptive to buyers who search the word "New" -- since it's NOT a new book, but will come up as such in their search engine (if I understand their argument correctly).

My apologies to the many bidders and dozens of "watchers" -- so let's try it again, and see if I can do any better at steering clear of arcane rules:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0260074015

Many thanks for your patience!

James Kernen

Postby James Kernen » June 5th, 2008, 1:03 am

I have had that happen to me before... It is very frustrating. They allow so many other abuses but crack down on this one....

From my follow-ups with ebay when it happened to me, I was told it was usually a result of someone filing a complaint against my listing....

There are sellers that use "spam tactics" all over their ads to gnerate search hits, but their listings never get targeted since the spam violations are in the detail descriptions instead of the titles....

Good luck with the relisting...

James

Jim Maloney

Postby Jim Maloney » June 6th, 2008, 12:10 pm

Looks like Jerry wanted to bump this thread, but made a separate post instead.

So, here ya go, Jerry. Check his eBay link two posts up.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 10th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)

jerry lazar

Postby jerry lazar » June 6th, 2008, 12:12 pm

Sorry, not sure what happened... Here's what I was trying to say, and then I got error message saying I couldn't edit, or somesuch. I was trying to get rid of the original EBAY LINK, since it doesnt work... Guess I can't do that?... Well, let me add this info then:

Excellent OOP volume from Spain's greatest master, chockablock with amazing moves and astonishing routines. Only 5 days left, still under $100. (It's gone for more than $200 on ebay). Pristine copy. Hardcover w/dustjacket. 314 pages. With contributions from Harry Lorayne, Rafael Benatar, and more. Please let me know if questions. Thanks for your interest.
Last edited by jerry lazar on June 6th, 2008, 12:14 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: update

Rafael Benatar

Postby Rafael Benatar » June 6th, 2008, 2:21 pm

My contributions are only in writing up several tricks for Juan Tamariz, and so are Harry Lorayne's and others. The material is entirely Juan's. The book includes material published in several sources as they originally appeared. I wrote the few tricks that had not been published before.

jerry lazar

Postby jerry lazar » June 6th, 2008, 7:51 pm

Thanks for clarifying, Rafael! All beautiful stuff, as they'd say in Madrid or Caracas or New York! A treasure, by any other name.

jerry lazar

SONATA * JUAN TAMARIZ * OOP * CLASSIC!

Postby jerry lazar » June 9th, 2008, 5:59 pm

jerry lazar

Re: SONATA * JUAN TAMARIZ * OOP * CLASSIC!

Postby jerry lazar » June 10th, 2008, 12:35 pm

Only 1 day left, and still only about $100. (I've seen it go for double that.) Masterwork by master magician. Thanks for looking.

jerry lazar

Re: SONATA * JUAN TAMARIZ * OOP * CLASSIC!

Postby jerry lazar » June 11th, 2008, 12:00 pm

Last day!

Tamariz Perpendicular Control, Anti-Ambitious, Double Ambitious, Anti-Faro, Mexican Turnover, Peruvian Turnover, Double Peruvian Turnover, Tamariz Turnover (with Ascanio addition!), Staircase Change, Cascade False Shuffle, D'Amico Spread, Tamariz Change...

And that's not even the first half of the book -- and doesn't include all the tricks and effects!...

Need I go on?

OK. An entire section on the wildest, most revolutionary "Out of This World" ideas and sequences you'll ever see... An entire section on the craziest penknife routines you'll ever see ...

Effects? Romantic Prisoner, Neither Blind Nor Silly, Triple Colors Routine, Hypnotic Power of Jokers, Escorial 76, Clear Triumph, Total Coincidence, Magic Card, Traveling Cards, Three Goblets Prediction, and many more.

It'll be gone tonight.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”