Simon Carmel's New Book on Deaf Magicians

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Jim Klodzen

Simon Carmel's New Book on Deaf Magicians

Postby Jim Klodzen » April 23rd, 2008, 8:43 pm

I just received this notice from my friend Simon Carmel.

Hello everyone

Two weeks ago my book--"Silent Magic: Biographies of [59] Deaf Magicians in the United States from the 19th to 21st Centuries" -- was finally published. I want to thank you very much for providing me in the past year with all the information about the nearly forgotten nightclub deaf magician named Stephen "Miaco" Frisbie. I am pleased to say that I have successfully compiled many articles into the interesting biography of Miaco in my book.

See the flyer below for your immediate reference.

Best in magic,

Simon

Simon J. Carmel, Author & Magician

============================================================================
To describe magic and magicians,
You would probably use such words as visual, patter, sound and music.
But what if three of those items were gone? Poof! Vanished! Would therecould therestill be magic without patter and sound and music? You bet.

Welcome to the wonderful world of deaf magic and deaf magicians! This biographical book profiles fifty-nine deaf and hard of hearing magicians in the United States, involved with the art of conjuring from the 19th to the 21st centuries.

Dr. Simon J. Carmel's book is not only a great historical resource, but also it illustrates many personal struggles and triumphs as well. These men and women all shared two very strong common interests: they are or were all deaf, and they all have or had a love for the art of magic. I learned much after reading each story. For instance, I never knew Okito was deaf and that was the reason he created a silent act to music. I applaud Dr. Carmel for all the inspiration and years of effort in creating this important work.
--Kevin James, Comedy Illusionist
Las Vegas, Nevada

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORDER FORM

UNITED STATES (U.S.A.): US $29.95 per copy + US $5.00 for postage and handling.
(US $2.00 for each additional book sent to the same address)
# [For Florida residents: please add 6.5% Florida Sales Tax]

CANADA : US $29.95 per copy + US $10.00 for postage & handling.
(US $ 5.00 for each additional book sent to the same address.)

U.S.A., CANADIAN ORDERS: Please send a cheque or money order in US dollars
and drawn on a U.S. Bank, payable to Simon J. Carmel.

All orders must be prepaid.
Mail order to:

Dr. Simon J. Carmel, Author Number of books: ___________
SILENT MAGIC: Biographies of Deaf Magicians
9339 Bridgeport Drive
West Palm Beach, Florida 33411 USA Total Amount: US $ __________

Name: _____________________________________________________________________________

Address: ___________________________________________________________________________

City: _______________________________State/ Country___________________ Zip Code:___________

rusty151
Favorite Magician: Pavel ,John Cornelius, Joshua Jay, Harry Lorayne,

Re: Simon Carmel's New Book on Deaf Magicians

Postby rusty151 » May 20th, 2014, 10:29 am

Wonderful book. Shows a world that the hearing rarely see. This is a book that should be read by anyone interested in the history of magic. It also shows how all these DVD on magic, they charge top price but very seldom do you see texted caption for the hard of hearing and deaf magician's. If nothing else this book shows this should be done for our deaf and hard of hearing friends. I know I'm one of them with around a 90% hearing loss. Thank you

mrgoat

Re: Simon Carmel's New Book on Deaf Magicians

Postby mrgoat » May 20th, 2014, 10:54 am

I bet Derek Lever loves this.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”