If you know who Baltazar Fuentes is, you'll definitely want to check this out.

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Re: If you know who Baltazar Fuentes is, you'll definitely want to check this out.

Postby Guest » July 17th, 2006, 10:03 pm

I'm confused by some of these listings. The seller lists Practical Impossibilities as being about the Tenkai Palm. Well, there's a lot of other stuff in there besides the Tenkai Palm. Also, he lists it in connection with several different items.

I think this latter technique is called "Keyword Spamming" or "Frivolous listing" and is frowned upon by the folks at eBay.

Re: If you know who Baltazar Fuentes is, you'll definitely want to check this out.

Postby Guest » July 18th, 2006, 12:05 pm

Hi Bill,

I agree with you that there's a lot of other stuff in "Practical Impossiblities" besides the Tenkai Palm.

I felt the Tenkai palm was the strongest aspect to include. It's that simple. Please let me know what else you think I should have included, and I'll be glad to do so.

Rick's book and the lecture notes are separate items.

Thanks to your posting, I now see how mentioning BOTH of Rick's items in one headline is confusing. Therefore, I have clarified that issue in the listing. To repeat, the book and the lecture notes are separate items.

There's nothing frivolous about mentioning numerous items for sale in one headline. That's smart marketing. Many of my other headlines also mention the names of numerous magician's whose books I'm auctioning.

For the record, I've never had a single complaint from ebay. What I do have is 100% Positive Feedback. I invite you to read it.

trickdoctor

Postby Guest » July 18th, 2006, 12:48 pm

This is just an opininion and I don't mean any personal offense.

As someone who buys frequently on eBay, I must say that the way you have your items listed is fairly annoying and an eyesore. For example, one listing has the title "Andrus, Dingle, Hamman,Cervon, Marlo, Fuentes, Steranko" and the auction is for a two volume booklet of Jerry Andrus publications. You may call it smart marketing, but I think it is very annoying. At least use a subtitle so that the contents of the auction are clear.

Postby Guest » July 18th, 2006, 1:55 pm

Originally posted by trickdoctor:
Hi Bill,

I agree with you that there's a lot of other stuff in "Practical Impossiblities" besides the Tenkai Palm.

I felt the Tenkai palm was the strongest aspect to include. It's that simple. Please let me know what else you think I should have included, and I'll be glad to do so.

Rick's book and the lecture notes are separate items.

Thanks to your posting, I now see how mentioning BOTH of Rick's items in one headline is confusing. Therefore, I have clarified that issue in the listing. To repeat, the book and the lecture notes are separate items.

There's nothing frivolous about mentioning numerous items for sale in one headline. That's smart marketing. Many of my other headlines also mention the names of numerous magician's whose books I'm auctioning.

For the record, I've never had a single complaint from ebay. What I do have is 100% Positive Feedback. I invite you to read it.

trickdoctor
As a matter of fact, so do I.

Postby Guest » July 18th, 2006, 2:02 pm

I would have had a perfect record as well if it were not for Trickdoctor. I sent him a book from California to Florida and he recieved it in 2 days. He gave me a bad feedback because it cost him $6.00. I packaged it myself in my envelope. I couldn't believe it when I saw the negative feedback. Thankfully everyone else is no insane. Not a nice guy. Tries to ripe people off.

Postby Guest » July 18th, 2006, 3:57 pm

I like Jordan's idea. I'll use it from now on. This week on ebay, I'm selling almost 2 dozen items about difficult card magic and simply wanted to convey that in the limited number of spaces ebay provides for a headline. Thanks, Jordan, the subheadline is a great solution.

Its unfortunate that sphaleros has chosen to attack me. The truth is, he ripped me off!

But lets not dwell on an old disagreement. I think its sufficient to say that no other Genii member or ebay magic customer has had a problem with me in all the years I've been selling here and on ebay.

trickdoctor

James Kernen

Postby James Kernen » July 18th, 2006, 4:08 pm

I have always had and continue to have a great experience with the trickdoctor. I have bought from him here and via Ebay. He has always been very nice and helpful to me.

Thanks,
James

Postby Guest » July 18th, 2006, 4:21 pm

Thanks, James.

I don't like being smeared unfairly. That is NOT the purpose of this forum.

trickdoctor

Postby Guest » July 18th, 2006, 5:56 pm

As stated in my reply above to Jordan B., I have revised my auctions and switched to the subtitle format that he suggested. I was able to do that on items that have not received bids. Since many of my items had already received bids, I was not able to change them.

Thanks again, Jordan!

trickdoctor

Postby Guest » July 19th, 2006, 7:11 am

Hi,

I have many purchases with Trickdoctor.

He has always treated me fairly and happens to be a nice guy.

I think we should give him some credit here with respect to Jordan's request. Trickdoctor is open minded enough that he took Jordan's request as a good idea and is adopting this in his Ebay listings.

It's refreshing to see that things can be worked out without any needless exchange of "bashing".

Just my 2 cents...jayman59.

Postby Guest » July 19th, 2006, 7:53 am

I'm glad you adopted my suggestion. I wasn't trying to be mean....just blunt. I buy a lot on eBay, but tend to avoid headlines that seem confusing. I think the subtitles will pay off in the end... I know that I will be more inclined to bid.

Jordan

Postby Guest » July 19th, 2006, 11:38 am

I've bought several times from the Doctor of Tricks.

100% RELIABLE.

Darren
Falklands

Postby Guest » July 19th, 2006, 8:39 pm

i have also purchased from trick doctor and he is great to deal with.

i personally know baltazar fuentes and his stuff is OUTSTANDING. His effects are technically challenging. if anyone doesnt have his manuscripts, they would be a great addition to your library. i dont know if i would call Arempi rare, its still available from H&R. Close Up Mexican Style is hard to come by. The prices on ebay for these manuscripts are below what Hatch has them for. The Perfect Card Divination from AREMPI II is a great effect. If you ever see him at a convention ask to see his card rise. its done with a borrowed deck and after the card rises he hands the deck back...its an eye opener.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”