Looking for voodoo doll effect

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Harvey

Looking for voodoo doll effect

Postby Harvey » September 5th, 2006, 9:02 am

Looking for an effect where a pin is stuck in a voodoo doll and the magician bleeds.
Any references available?

Re: Looking for voodoo doll effect

Postby Guest » September 5th, 2006, 6:02 pm

John Kennedy.

Postby Guest » September 7th, 2006, 12:13 pm

The John Kennedy/Steve Spill "Voodoo Doll" routine, doesn't involve the magician bleeding. First phase has a pin stuck into the doll's eye, and the picture on the drawing board begins to bleed from his eye, second phase, you bring a lighter close to his other eye, and the picture's eye bursts into flame. Third phase, you take a knife and cut the dolls nose off, and the nose on the picture falls off. Then you can tear the picture off the board and give it away.

If you've ever seen Kozak use this in conjunction with a shocking chair...it's the ultimate.

Steve

Harvey

Postby Harvey » September 7th, 2006, 5:20 pm

Any leads on where I could obtain John Kennedy/Steve Spill "Voodoo Doll" routine?

Postby Guest » September 7th, 2006, 5:43 pm

Right offhand, I would email John Mendoza and see if he has a line on one. He once told me when I was showing an interest in it that he had some at one time. If anybody knows where one is, it would be him. OR...try John Kennedy.

Steve

Rafael

Postby Rafael » September 11th, 2006, 8:03 am

I have a original Kennedy/ spill "Voodoo doll routine" (incl. case) for sale (in brand new condition)
It is however located in Belgium (Europe)

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”