INTERNATIONAL MAGIC AUCTION

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

INTERNATIONAL MAGIC AUCTION

Postby Guest » July 26th, 2006, 8:02 am

The International Magic Auction is posting a $150,000 Vintage & Rare Magic Apparatus Collection of 600 pieces, everyday for the next few months. The auction is also posting a collection of 400 vintage magic catalogs everyday for the next month.

This quality auction allows approved sellers to list their own items and sell them, collect their own payments from the buyer and ship their items, eliminating the need to send them to the auction on consignment. There is no charge to list your item(s) with a photograph and thumbnail. When the item(s) sell, there is a low fee of only 7%. You can relist for free also.

Check out the auction at www.internationalmagicauction.com and see for yourself what you are missing! $45,000 in sales in 3 weeks. Why not register now? Become a seller, it's easy and it's free!

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: INTERNATIONAL MAGIC AUCTION

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 26th, 2006, 10:23 am

Ron, that's a fancy auction site! Very nice that anyone can sell their own stuff.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » July 26th, 2006, 10:52 am

Looks great !
If some Genii members can provide some feedback of their experiences with this auction site , it would be mostly welcome... :)

thanks
Jacky
www.magicbooks.be

James Kernen

Postby James Kernen » July 26th, 2006, 12:03 pm

I have used the site a number of times since it has launched.. I bought 7 items so far from 3 different sellers..... 4 of them were from Ron as the seller.....

I have had a great experience everytime. No site issues or anything...... I wish there were some additional views (on items that I am bidding on or have fixed price offers for) and some additional search features (for completed items). But overall, it has been a nice addition to how I shop for magic and collectibles...

So far the only real negative (IMO)is that the majority of sellers I have had bids with (including won and lost auctions) are using high reserves prices(which are hidden) and low dollar starting bids. In the experiences I have had so far, the reserves are set at market or higher. Then when an auction does not get to the reserve, and the auction closes without a sale, then the seller approaches you and/or other bidders with a fixed price offer somewhere between your high bid and the reserve price (which didn't get met).... Since the seller incurs no fee for listing (which is nice), it costs them nothing to list with the reserve feature, which other sites like ebay charge extra for..... At times, it can end up not being like a real auction experience since you know what ever you bid may not hit the high reserve price and all you are trying to do then is to pick a high enough bid price that will hopefully cause the seller to then offer you an attractive enough fixed price after the auction is done.

I definitely recommend the site. Nicely done.

Frank Dudgeon
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay

Postby Frank Dudgeon » July 26th, 2006, 12:27 pm

I have only made one small purchase from this site (so far) and I was very happy. I find the site easy to navigate, and communication easy. I will continue to check it out regularly for goodies (when the budget allows).

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”