RARE BOOKS ON SALE MONDAY

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

RARE BOOKS ON SALE MONDAY

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 29th, 2002, 9:21 pm

Members of the Forum, I am going to give all of you first crack at some rare books I've decided to sell on Monday. Some autographed, others out of print. There'll also be some run-of-the-mill items, but they'll be priced appropriately :) .)
Keep checking back during the day.
First come first served.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jacky Kahan

Re: RARE BOOKS ON SALE MONDAY

Postby Jacky Kahan » December 30th, 2002, 1:12 am

Waiting for the list! :)

:cool:

Postby Guest » December 30th, 2002, 8:19 am

:eek: Me too!

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 30th, 2002, 8:30 am

Okay, here's the more common stuff first.All books are in new mint condition.

1) Card File by Jerry Mentzer, 1993. $15
2) Nocturnal Emmissions (oops, sorry, Creations) by Paul Gordon, 1997. $15
3) Miracle Material, The Close-Up Magic of Michael Kaminskas, 1996. $15
4) Semi-Automatic Card Tricks IV, Steve Beam, 2002, $20
5) Pockets Full of Miracles, Diamond Jim Tyler, 2000, $20
6) Roger's Thesaurus, Roger Crosthwaite, 1994, $15
7) Simon Says, The Close-Up Magic of Simon Lovell, 1997, Simon Lovell, $20
8) Formula One Close-Up, Randy Wakeman and John Mendoza, 1985, SIGNED, $15
9) Randy Wakeman's Special Effects, Randy Wakeman and John Mendoza, 1987, SIGNED, $15
10) Goodies, Karrell Fox, 1991, SIGNED, $20
11) The Close-up Magic of Aldo Columbini, 1994, $15

Payment will be accepted by credit card only and processed through Genii.
First come first serve, and all takers MUST post their requests in this thread so it will be public and everyone knows that I am not favoring anyone.
Shipping will be the actual cost, TBD at the time of mailing.
Will post the rare items
later today.

Frank Yuen

Postby Frank Yuen » December 30th, 2002, 8:43 am

Hey Richard,

You can sign me up for Semi-Automatic Card Tricks IV. Let me know the details on shipping.

Frank Yuen

Todd Karr

Postby Todd Karr » December 30th, 2002, 10:26 am

Hi, Richard
Mark me down for the Karrell Fox book, please.

Postby Guest » December 30th, 2002, 12:41 pm

Put me down for the Colombini Book, please. Let me know the total with shipping.
Dennis Loomis
http://www.mindspring.com/~deloomis/dai.html

Postby Guest » December 30th, 2002, 12:49 pm

I would like to get Simon Says.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 30th, 2002, 12:57 pm

Folks! Four books out of 11 already sold! But doesn't anyone want those signed Randy Wakeman books? :)

Postby Guest » December 30th, 2002, 1:37 pm

I'll bite; please put me down for Formula One! Additionally, include Card File and Pockets Full Of Miracles.

--Randy Campbell

Mark Jensen
Favorite Magician: Juan Tamariz

Postby Mark Jensen » December 30th, 2002, 2:30 pm

Eagerly waiting for the rest of the list...

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 30th, 2002, 2:41 pm

7 out of 11 gone ...
I'm waiting until the evening when everyone's home to put up the expensive stuff. :)

Rennie

Postby Rennie » December 30th, 2002, 3:49 pm

I agree with Mark, waiting for the good stuff..
Thanks
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve is not !!

Dave Egleston

Postby Dave Egleston » December 30th, 2002, 4:13 pm

I've stopped entering Genii Indices waiting for the list -

This would be a lot less nerve wracking if you'd just send me a preview - before posting!

I got home too late for the original list -

Dave

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » December 30th, 2002, 6:27 pm

Okay Richard, I'm home now...

:D

Gary

Postby Gary » December 30th, 2002, 6:29 pm

I'm home too.....and what about those poor folks who work evenings??????

Postby Guest » December 30th, 2002, 6:31 pm

All you poachers can just go to bed... I'll be happy to email you in the morning with Richard's list.

Just trying to help.

--Randy Campbell

Dave Egleston

Postby Dave Egleston » December 30th, 2002, 6:48 pm

All you guys waiting for Mr Kaufman to post his list - Check out the other rare book sale on the collectors topic forum - Under Krazykat - better hury before it's gone

Dave

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 30th, 2002, 7:04 pm

Please note that all reservations are to be made by posting in this thread ONLY. If you see it, and you want it, post a message immediately reserving the copy!
Okay, here we go:
1) Greater Magic, 9th impression.
This item is interesting because it is in its original shipping box and has been removed only once or twice by me. Complete with dustjacket, virtually untouched since printing. $250. RARE AS HELL in this condition.
2)Greater Magic Prospectus. This is the softcover prospectus, 40 pages, black and white, in decent condition, some spots on top of cover and pages two and three, a light crease in same spot. $35 Hard to find.
3) Greater Magic Prospectus. This is the very RARE hardcover version of the preceding that Jones made for Christmas gifts, and was NEVER sold by him. Interior is pristine. This one has a yellow cover with gold foil cross-hatching. There is some splitting on the edge of the spine. Interior is immaculate. $200
4) Greater Magic Prospectus. This is the rare 8 1/2
x 11 inch version, four pages, printed in red and black. This particular one has Thayer's name and address "addressographed" on the bottom of the first page. It has also been punched for a three-ring binder. Otherwise very nice. $75
5) Hocus Pocus Junior. John McArdle edition. Reprint of the eighth edition.
Limited to only 50 copies, printed in 1950. This copy is in pristine condition (no dustjacket, which is no great loss since he made them from leftover wallpaper!), and is signed by McArdle and dated 1953. $600
6) Hocus Pocus Junior. Steve Burton Edition. Reprint of the first edition. Limited to 300 copies, of which this is 121. Signed by Burton. A beautiful reprint bonded leather cover. $150
7) Clever and Pleasant Inventions. J. Prevost. The book that preceded Scot! First time translated from French. Hermetic Press edition, 1998. Hardcover, 230 pages, squareback binding. $35
8) Breslaw's Last Legacy. Steven's Magic Edition. Limited edition of 560 copies, of which this is 227. $20
9) Stanley Collins, Society Entertainer & Magic Collector. By Thomas A. Sawyer. Printed by Richard Buffum in a limited edition of 115 copies in 1984. Extremely rare and desirable. 20 pages, softcover, letterpress printed with marbled covers. $150
10) The Complete Gamester (1674). Charles Cotton. 1970 Imprint Society. Bound in natural cowhide in matching slipcase of marbled paper. Deluxe limited edition. $250
More to come in a few minutes!

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 30th, 2002, 7:23 pm

Part two:
11)The New Jinx. Original issues that have been plastic comb bound (NOT my reprint). Complete file originally belonging to Charlie Kalish with the exceptions of the second index, and issues 68 to 72. (In other words, the last five issues and second index are missing.) Also includes two invoices from the New Jinx office and a letter to Kalish signed by editor Bill Madson. $50
12) Chan Canasta, A Remarkable Man. David Britland. 112 pages, hardcover. Limited first edition. $100
13) Neo Magic Artistry. S.H. Sharpe. First Edition by The Miracle Factory. New condition. $35
14) "Vernon Secrets." This is a hardcover edition of all three of Dai Vernon's Inner Secrets of Card Magic Series (Inner, More, Further) as reprinted by publisher Harry Stanley and bound in one volume in textured black cover. SIGNED BY DAI VERNON. $125
15) John: Verse Two. John F. Mendoza. 1980. This is the HARDCOVER limited deluxe edition of this rare title, bound in black cloth. SIGNED by John Mendoza, this is copy 37. $125
16) Isn't It Wonderful. Charles Bertram. 1896. First edition. Very good condition, spine slightly faded, red cloth with gold foil stamping on cover and spine. Reinforced endsheet. RARE and a wonderful book. $100
17) Isn't it Wonderful. Charles Bertram. 1899. First PAPERBACK edition. EXTREMELY SCARCE. The paperback is much harder to find than the hardcover because of its fragile nature. This copy is in excellent condition for 103! Some minor chipping and splitting on the spine. Front and Rear cover near pristine, inside pristine. $150
18) Isn't It Wonderful. Charles Bertram. 1896. IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND OVERSIZE DELUXE EDITION. Hardcover, white cloth, with gold foil stamping on the front and gold gilt on upper edges of pages. Same as regular edition but printed on larger paper with large white margins. Spine discolored, some small rips to cloth at top and bottom of spine. These small imperfections are beside the point: You will never see another one of these for sale! $400
19) A Magician in Many Lands. Charles Bertram. 1911. IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND OVERSIZE EDITION. Hardcover, red cloth, with gold foil stamped spine and gold gilt edging on tops of pages. Spine is faded, front endsheet (inside) splitting at spine. You will NEVER see this again! $400.

Postby Guest » December 30th, 2002, 7:36 pm

Richard:

Please add these to my list:

6) Hocus Pocus Junior. Steve Burton Edition. Reprint of the first edition. Limited to 300 copies, of which this is 121. Signed by Burton. A beautiful reprint bonded leather cover. $150

7) Clever and Pleasant Inventions. J. Prevost. The book that preceded Scot! First time translated from French. Hermetic Press edition, 1998. Hardcover, 230 pages, squareback binding. $35
8) Breslaw's Last Legacy. Steven's Magic Edition. Limited edition of 560 copies, of which this is 227. $20
13) Neo Magic Artistry. S.H. Sharpe. First Edition by The Miracle Factory. New condition. $35
14) "Vernon Secrets." This is a hardcover edition of all three of Dai Vernon's Inner Secrets of Card Magic Series (Inner, More, Further) as reprinted by publisher Harry Stanley and bound in one volume in textured black cover. SIGNED BY DAI VERNON. $125
16) Isn't It Wonderful. Charles Bertram. 1896. First edition. Very good condition, spine slightly faded, red cloth with gold foil stamping on cover and spine. Reinforced endsheet. RARE and a wonderful book. $100
Merry Christmas Richard,

--Randy Campbell

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 30th, 2002, 7:38 pm

Thank you, Randy.
Everyone please make sure to glance over the other postings on this thread to see that the books you want have not already been reserved by someone else. If you want to be second in line in case someone's charge card gets rejected ( :) ) then e-mail me PRIVATELY.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 31st, 2002, 7:46 am

Those of you who went to sleep early missed some great books, but there's still plenty of rare items remaining: get them BEFORE they go to eBay. :)

Jamie Badman

Postby Jamie Badman » December 31st, 2002, 10:56 am

If you post 'em BEFORE everyone gets home, next time, the rest of the world might get a look in ;-)

Jamie.

Ruben Padilla

Postby Ruben Padilla » January 1st, 2003, 11:12 pm

Hi, Richard. I'd like to reserve Roger's Thesaurus please.
Thanks.
Visit www.MagiciansOnly.com for exclusive book, trick, DVD, & convention reviews!

Shawn Preston

Postby Shawn Preston » January 3rd, 2003, 9:30 am

Richard,

Put me down for Neo Magic Artistry

Thanks
Shawn
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. - Einstein

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2003, 5:17 pm

Richard, are you going to contact us with information on completing the sales? I'm ready to send a check, or give you a credit card, or whatever.
Thanks,
Dennis

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 7th, 2003, 5:31 pm

Will all of you who purchased books please e-mail me (at moobooks@ix.netcom.com) your mailing address.
Please call (301) 652-5800 with your credit card numbers and expiration dates. You will be charged the price of the book as stated, plus whatever the exact postage amount is (by priority mail).
Thanks.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 8th, 2003, 8:56 am

Will all of you who purchased books please e-mail me (at moobooks@ix.netcom.com) your mailing address.
Please call (301) 652-5800 with your credit card numbers and expiration dates. You will be charged the price of the book as stated, plus whatever the exact postage amount is (by priority mail).
Thanks.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”