THE RAMSAY CLASSICS

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
oliver twist

THE RAMSAY CLASSICS

Postby oliver twist » February 1st, 2004, 4:26 pm

HELLO OUT THERE . i JUST THOUGHT I WOULD PUT IT OU THERE AGAIN. I'AM STILL LOOKING FOR THE RAMSAY CLASSICS. I'AM NOT THAT INTERESTED IN A COLLECTORS ITEM. BUT JUST THE BOOK WITH ALL ITS WONDERFUL SECRETS ON MISS DIRECTION. THANKS AGAIN

Jonathan Townsend

Re: THE RAMSAY CLASSICS

Postby Jonathan Townsend » February 1st, 2004, 5:30 pm

Originally posted by bill7:
JUST THE BOOK WITH ALL ITS WONDERFUL SECRETS ON MISS DIRECTION. THANKS AGAIN
That would be 'The Ramsay Legend'. There are two ideas discussed directly called Ramsayisms. These are also discussed on the tapes from International Magic.

If you are into routines with modest props and have LOTS of time to develop presentations... go for it. If you want the advice, check out the first Galloway tape.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Bob Walder

Postby Bob Walder » February 2nd, 2004, 3:17 am

I think Miss Direction got married - to Mr Ippy
;)

Postby Guest » February 4th, 2004, 9:25 pm

Jonathan:

There is a 108 page hardbound written by Andrew Galloway called The Ramsay Classics but it ain't cheap, and it's rather difficult to find in the U.S.

--Randy Campbell

Thomas Van Aken

Postby Thomas Van Aken » February 5th, 2004, 4:38 am

Jonathan and Randy,
Andrew Galloway actually wrote three books on Ramsay:
The Ramsay Classics
The Ramsey Legend
The Ramsey Finale
Cheers.
Thomas

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » February 5th, 2004, 5:33 am

Originally posted by Thomas Van Aken:
Andrew Galloway actually wrote three books on Ramsay:...
I've had the first two, and the Farelli Books as well... years ago. Over twenty years ago. I'd like to read those books again. The discussion of HOW TO MISDIRECT is mentioned almost in passing. At least in all but the Finale which I have not read.

In order to learn a bit more, I may have to get over there and meet with Bobby Bernard and Andrew Galloway. I heard somewhere that Andrew Galloway also published a few of his own routines.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » February 5th, 2004, 8:16 am

I bought my copy of the last Ramsay book directly from Andrew who was good enough to include a small book of close up card magic. This was years ago and I don't have his address, but he was most gracious in dealing with me.

I do not have an address, but someone out there may be in correspondence with him. I'm sure he could supply the desired book.

By the way, the Malini book relates one of the underlying principles of misdirection. "It's the eye," Malini would say. That, and learning the beats of your presentation and doing the dirty work on the offbeat.

Bill McFadden

Postby Bill McFadden » February 5th, 2004, 8:55 am

The Andrew Galloway book on cards is called, "Diverting Card Magic." Well worth reading. I forget where I obtained mine, but Magic Books by Post should be a good source (for all except "The Ramsay Classics.").

For "Classics," you may have to wait until Andy Greget, Dick Hatch, or Michael Canick have a copy for sale. Taken together, the three Galloway books on John Ramsay will provide you with all of JR's misdirection theories. Tersely worded, but pure gold nevertheless.

Should you require more on the Ramsay misdirection techniques, then have a look at Andrew Galloway's two videos (from International Magic), and John Carney's excellent DVD.

Oliver Corpuz

Postby Oliver Corpuz » February 5th, 2004, 11:11 am

I believe the Ramsay Legend was also re-publised in America by Magic, Inc. in Chicago. Although the hard bound edition they put out is long out of print, Magic, Inc. still sells a soft-cover comb bound edition of the Ramsay Legend.
Here is the link: Click here to Magic Inc website for Ramsay Legend

regards,

Oliver

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » February 10th, 2004, 5:55 pm

Just posted a very fine copy of this to eBay, starting bid just $1, no reserve. A copy of Farelli's John Ramsay's Cups and Balls just sold yesterday on eBay for $164. When one considers that this is just one of the excellent routines detailed in this book (cylinder and coins, triple restoration, four little beans, thimble work, coin work, thoughts on misdirections, etc being others), its true value becomes evident.
Good luck! Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2224773292

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”