Wanted : Mickey MacDougall items

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Brad Jeffers

Wanted : Mickey MacDougall items

Postby Brad Jeffers » January 4th, 2002, 1:50 pm

I collect all items related to Mickey MacDougall and am looking for the following: "My Favorite Four Ace Routine" (sometimes titled "Mickey's Four Ace Routine") "Original Spelling Routine" and "Original Color Change and Mental Mystery Routine". These are basicly instruction sheets for items marketed in the 30's and 40's. In addition to these, I would be interested in any photos, letters, programs, or memorabilia of any type, pertaining to MacDougall. Thanks!

Steve Ehlers

Re: Wanted : Mickey MacDougall items

Postby Steve Ehlers » January 11th, 2002, 10:22 am

Brad,

I recently picked up a copy of Gamblers Don't Gamble. You may already have a copy. I checked on the net and found several available. The book itself does not have any tricks but is basically written in his card detective persona.

While I never met him I had the pleasure of meeting Ernie Bryant who was a student of Mickey MacDougall. Based upon Ernie's work I have to believe MacDougall was quite entertaining.

I believe in the later part of his life MacDougall lived in Florida so perhaps some of the Genii subscribers in that area might have some information for you.

Also if you haven't read the Odds Against Me by John Scarne you may want to look that up. He speaks about MacDougall but not in flattering terms. Of course that is not surprising because of the rivalry.

Steve Ehlers

George Olson

Postby George Olson » January 11th, 2002, 4:00 pm

I have a copy of:

Card Mastery
pp1944
Circle Magic Shop

It has a torn dust jacket, and includes a complete "Expert at the Card Table"

I don't know if it is worth anything, but it's a great read.

I'll check with the guys at our luncheon tomorrow to see if anyone has any Ernie Bryant memorabilia pertaining to Mickey. He was really active up here in Portland.

George

Brad Jeffers

Postby Brad Jeffers » January 16th, 2002, 2:01 pm

I want to thank both Steve and George for responding to my post. I had not known of Ernie Bryant before. If anyone has any biographical info on Mr. Bryant (or prehaps a photo), I would be interesting in knowing more about him, especially concerning his connection with MacDougall. Thanks, Brad

George Olson

Postby George Olson » February 1st, 2002, 3:30 pm

Brad:
Sorry for the delay! Work pays the rent!

Contact me privately for the e-mail addresses for the two guys locally who knew Ernie very well.

poof@ftconnect.com

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”